Jakobe Coles - 2020 Power Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726
    Hahahhaha this made me laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

PharmDDawg likes this.
  2. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,475
    I'm old enough to remember getting complained at for linking and not summarizing articles from The Athletic.

Here's the thing about the Star digital subscription: the digital experience is so comically bad and cumbersome, it's not worth it for those of us out of the area. A good digital experience is one thing that a media conglomerate like Gannett should be able to provide and improve over small or local ownership. It's unfortunate. DW's writing is worth it. I might consider subscribing again when the season rolls around (or if there's some monster sale - locals, please post if you get wind of one happening).

NCJon likes this.
  3. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Can we get back to what a great class this is and how happy we are to have them join the family?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 and DawgPoundMac like this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Currently "The Star" offers digitals subscribers $5.00 for the 1st 3 months then $7.99 per month afterward.

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,475
    DawgPoundMac and knobcreekfan like this.
  6. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $613
    As a Reds fan? The guy pitched 1/3 of a season (in a 21 year career!) for the Reds. He must have really made an impression! ;) I actually had forgotten he ever pitched for the Reds. My recollection was he was an AL guy until the very end of his career.

I sort of assumed Dunhamfor3 was joking. I agree about recalibrating his Google Machine if he was serious.

Back on topic. Looking forward to seeing Jakobe on the court.

wazthree likes this.
  7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    Was thinking two seasons, but I loved to watch him. Agree - back on point.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

shoeevv likes this.
  8. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    David Wells claim to fame is allegedly either throwing a perfect game drunk or hungover. He was well-traveled in his career but won a few World Series titles with the Jays & Yankees and made some All-Star appearances--as a pretty good pitcher during his time.

9. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $89
    I'll take Gary Nolan and Tom Seaver
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $299
    Gotta love the class LJ has assembled. Think Scooby, Coles, and Tate can all contribute from day 1. Harris has all the tools you want in a PG. Seems almost like a carbon copy of AT. Wilmoth? We saw last summer how LJ was the first high-major to offer Jaxson Hayes, Aaron Henry, etc and how they turned out. He will be a stud several years down the line.

The great thing about landing Coles is that it now allows LJ and Co. to go all out on landing some 2021 studs. While other coaches are still wrapping up the 2020 class (or just looking to get it started), LJ can already focus all his recruiting time developing those relationships with the younger kids. What is even more impressive than the players we landed in the 20 class, is the territory LJ went to get them. After a last place finish in the big east, he went into 3 states we historically never recruit, that are not big east territory, and beat out the state school offers (including Michigan as even though we got Hastings in 18, I can't recall anyone else in the last ~15 years). Looking forward to see what LJ can bring in in 21 after a successful campaign this year .