Jamarius Burton - 2018 Guard (Wichita State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Irishdawg, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,467
    When was the last time Butler got a commitment from a recruit who held an announcement/press conference? - Especially one where there are multiple hats laid out on a table and he's going to pick one.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. But it just seems like when Butler players announce, it's without much fanfare. And those that do have a big announcement (traditionally) pick against Butler.

2. Melvin Goldberg

Melvin Goldberg Member

Money:
    $46
    This is silly... "Some will say"? I'm sure some will still say the Earth is flat. I'm sure some will look at Markeese Hastings other offers and have some more things to say. At the end of the day there are a certain number of multibid conferences, and then there is everyone else. The AAC has a national title and gets multiple at-larges, so its ridiculous to argue. Mid majors dont do that.

Daddysmack likes this.
  3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,880
    I think Jackson Davis did something similar with a shirt.

Daddysmack likes this.
  4. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $348
    20180420_142812.png

5. Daddysmack

Money:
    $348
    Be careful........could be perceived as being negative in the off season. You don't want the Regulators on this board to mount up.

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,596
    What done is done. Best wishes to Burton. I'm slightly disappointed about his choice but totally respect his decision. I will say Burton was no more of project than some of BU's higher rated frosh from last year. IMO he had a chance to excel earlier than later.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Daddysmack likes this.
  7. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,135
    "High upside" gets thrown around to easily. The kid has potential to develope into a nice college player . . . but let's settle down a bit. Odds aren't even 50/50 that he would be starting by his Junior year at Butler.

By August, you won't even remember this kid.

peeps112, bumba, fdr and 1 other person like this.
  8. Daddysmack

Money:
    $348
    Agree, we are probably better served in different areas regardless. I wish him the best, stings a little because it seems LaVall really wanted him, and would have loved to have him here as a fan favorite because of the Davis article.

9. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Why is it “embarrassing” when a recruit decides to attend a different school? Some of you people need to get a ****ing grip.

UDDawg, bumba and DawgPoundMac like this.
  10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,151
    You do realize he was saying it is embarrassing for Woods and whoever let it slip that Butler was out before the kid announced to hinder his moment. No one was calling his decision to go to WS as embarrassing...I think you might need to read more before making attacks...SMH

Daddysmack likes this.
  11. Daddysmack

Money:
    $348

Regulated!

12. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,135
    I have always thought there was something to this. Butler has never attracted players who crave the spotlight and the attention of the camera. That's by design, or at least a product of the way our coaches have always emphasized team above self. Humility.

The players who do the big announcements and show out for the camera and their twitter following don't possess the character traits Butler is looking to attract.

DawgPoundMac and Daddysmack like this.
  13. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,135
    Are you sure? I read it as though Blue Three feels its embarrassing that LaVall wasn't able to close the deal?

theenforcer13 and Daddysmack like this.
  14. Daddysmack

Money:
    $348
    Actually this makes a lot of sense. Of course wouldn't be 100%....but never thought of that and may be more of the case than we think.

You may be onto something, especially since the last that did transfered.

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,151
    Well I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't attack a 17 year old for picking a school and /or a coaching staff on a kid, but this board never ceases to amaze me if so then I apologize to enforcer13.

16. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $286
    So, someone someone else wanted? Yeah thats pretty much the problem.

nindiana likes this.
  17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $850
    An all-time favorite. Had to listen to break up the day!

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

Daddysmack likes this.
  18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,199
    Move on. With the mass exodus from Wichita there will be playing time. Lets get a big, either a grad transfer or four year player. There are people out there, they
    have to be a fit!

mwall787, BoyGeoff and Daddysmack like this.
  19. beezer16

beezer16 Member

Money:
    $115

Thanks for the link. The manager rebounding in the video is my son. Since I don’t use Twitter, I don’t always get these videos. Nice to see him working hard. JT is a really good player

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    That comment had nothing to do with David Woods and the leaked decision. Sounds like you’re the one with reading comprehension issues.