Jaxson Hayes - 2018 Power Forward (Texas)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 22, 2017.

1. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $179
    5 data points suggesting he knows how to evaluate talent is more than the data points suggesting he doesn't so far. Maybe that'll change but what we've seen is all we can go off of

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $405
    My buddy who is a regular on the IU boards was telling me about Henry after the April evaluation period based on what the guys at Peegs were saying about his play. There was even an article that more or less said Archie needed to see him play and would offer then. That was before Lavall was even hired.

And I say less to lose because you are more willing to make an offer that you might not normally make when you are hired in July. It makes sense that we were aggressive with offers. Does that mean that there wasn't a level of due diligence? No but there is no doubt that the staff hit the road and had to fire off some offers quick.

shoeevv likes this.
  3. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $973

Cut his list...we’re still on it for what it worth

Xavier
    Texas
    Kentucky
    Georgetown
    Butler

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $602
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,186
    It's like the SAT - which ones are not like the others?

shoeevv and Insane Dawg like this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,020
    This does not surprise me. He said weeks ago that he really liked LJ and Butler. Super super happy that Tha Ohio State didn't make the cut! X and Butler make the most sense.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Active Member

Money:
    $508
    I don't remember ever seeing anything about Georgetown and Jaxson

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,020
    With Patrick Ewing it makes sense. But does he want to rebuild a program?

9. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,782
    This is totally a Trey Lyles situation. Put us on his list as a courtesy.

bmradio99 likes this.
  10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $33
    Butler always talks about how they recruit certain guys that fit the Butler Way and how only certain recruits are attractive to the program. I thought Jaxson Hayes fit that exact mold for both. I think we would be a lean here if there was any recent activity between him and Butler. But there hasn't been to my knowledge.

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $602
    Thought the same thing.

bmradio99 likes this.
  12. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,839
    Even if it's only as a courtesy, there is always a chance the other 4 schools get hit with sanctions prior to his decision!

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,826
    This not even close to the Lyles situation. He was offered in Jr. High by some schools. Consider we were the first major to offer I don't believe this is courtesy listing. Not saying BU wins this battle but again we are a legit contender.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,020
    Again I agree with you Seadawg. We were the first with Hayes and he has visited Butler on a number of occasions and has spoken glowingly of LJ. I'm not surprised we are still in the hunt. Moeller kid. The kid is smart and knows he needs to develop his game. This is not someone bent on being a one and done. My only hope is if he doesn't pick Butler then he doesn't pick X.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,826
    The end results could be similar to Lyles. JH has shown an interest is staying fairly close to home. BU is the farthest but it's not significantly farther. I still think his interest in BU is genuine.

16. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Member

Money:
    $148
    Tbh if he goes to UK, he prolly never sees the court considering he'll be playing alongside 10 5 stars every single year. I think he knows this and will ultimately choose X, UT, or Butler. But I see X getting him

17. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $964
    I share this sentiment but I ultimately think he picks UK. He does have to consider that he will be constantly recruited over and his playing time could be limited. I think he will still pick UK though because of the exposure to NBA scouts (I think UK has a NBA scout day in October) such that playing time will not not the deciding factor.

I hope I'm wrong and that LaVall's offer before the others and the high potential for lots of playing time resonates with Hayes. Hopefully Barlow is playing a role, too.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,551
    It would be nice to be the beneficiary of someone wanting to go to college close to home, but not too close. Since Butler is usually on the losing side of that equation.

Tark43 likes this.
  19. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $33
    What do you want Barlow to do? Just because they went to the same High school doesn't mean he should be breathing down his throat. He already sent a tweet at him and that should be good enough. If anything, Nate Fowler should be the one playing a role. So much has changed in the past years, Barlow wouldn't be much help to Hayes. Nate could reach out and talk about his transition to Butler and status of the locker room/team right now more than anyone.

BHayden likes this.
  20. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,046
    Should he pick BU instead of Kentucky, that would be a remarkable event.