Jaxson Hayes - 2018 Power Forward (Texas)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 22, 2017.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,320
    Uh, Texas and Georgetown?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $253
    I totally agree on the thought that at UK...a kid who hasn't started a game in high school yet...will not be getting much playing time...for a long time at UK. Sure he has great potential...but the guys walking onto the court at UK are a year from the NBA. The selling point for Butler is a lot stronger than what UK can sell...unless the starry eyed factor just overwhelms him. I think not. Seems his family has a good handle on all of it.

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $212
    It wouldn't be too hard to sell him on the similarities between his arc and Anthony Davis', who was pretty much set on going to Cleveland State.

I am sure that is what they will do. Hell, Anthony Davis might even be the one who does it.

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $160
    Hope he doesn't go to UK solely to win a championship because that's not going to happen anytime soon.

5. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Uhhhh...wut? UK has an absolutely loaded roster and unlike other years, not every player looks like a sure fire 1 and done this year. Next year's Kentucky team might be one of the best Cal hasn't had at Kentucky. With high level sophomores and another round of 5* recruits. With how Cal recruits literally every year could be the one that wins it all.

Seems like Cal is trying to find another 4 year player to anchor the roster. In the championship years, they have had upper class men to go with the new talent.

6. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $160
    Nah. They always blow it. Unless there is a kid like Anthony Davis again, they're not winning anything.

7. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $509
    I wonder how committable the UK offer is.

It sounded like it was coming down to X and Texas before the UK offer, that obviously blows everything up...and understandably so.

8. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    That is a hot take. With that in mind - the only team that can say you could come there to win a national championship is... Duke? UNC?

9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $160
    Correct, & could argue to put Arizona & Kansas in there as well for this year.

I would leave UK & MSU out of it. They always do well but for some reason never win. Hoping Miles bridges & that team chemistry eats my words this year though. ;)

10. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $160
    Back to Hayes. To me, looking at all other offers on the table for UK, It doesn't seem like they're "favored" for many of them. So I would say that Hayes offer is very committable.

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,148
    Maybe Cal realized the importance of having an elder Dom Hawkins and Derek Willis on young teams. Cal can sell water to a well, but I wonder how invested he his in this offer. Bc if he wanted, he could bring in the big guns for a bbn midnight madness visit.

12. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,355
    Announcing at 3:30 tomorrow.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  13. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,030
    Any reason to believe this isn't UK?

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    Not really. If you want to stretch for a reason, I would say that right now might not be the best time to choose UK, with this FBI investigation blowing up, but that's really a reach. If anything comes out against Kentucky he can always change his mind later. That offer might not be there that long.

15. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,157
    Georgetown was In to see him yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,507
    Texas is getting all the votes here...somewhat of a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,863
    Maybe the lure of a big football school won out between his dad playing and it being Jaxson's sport not that long ago.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    Yep, 3 new crystal ball picks. Interesting.

19. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,030
    Interesting. This hurts more than U.K. IMO. If not U.K., we have an open 4 spot and we're first offer ....damn.

20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    Given the 11 crystal ball picks for Texas, I'd say he's going to be a Longhorn. But hey, at least he won't pick Xavier!

mwall787 likes this.