Jayden Taylor - 2021 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by jkcdawgs, May 7, 2019.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,798
    Completely agree, and due to being the only focus his playmaking abilities have grown, he'll never be a PG but he has enough vision and passing ability to not be a vacuum and to make things happen. He will definitely become a shot creator, and he definitely wants to be a big shot taker, maker

Tentozen and seadawg like this.
  2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    Taylor has gone from the player in this class I was least excited about, to the player I'm probably most excited about. This might be partly because of our lack of shot creating this season. But I really can't wait to see what he does in a Butler jersey.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  3. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    Taylor strikes me as less college ready than Tate or Harris, but also someone who may be better as a Junior if he is able to put on weight and develop effectively. I like his ceiling.

Tentozen likes this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,526
    Initially I felt the same, but after following JT the past couple of years has certainly changed my opinion. He has demonstrated an ability to both create and distribute, although playing with his HS teammates, he is really the only option for scoring. Once he learns the nuances at BU and makes the transition, and barring injury, his future is bright. His overall skillset has vastly improved in the past year. Along with Thomas they could be a very formidable duo with what BU currently has respectably. BU is in great shape at the guards the next few years. Time to focus recruiting to the post position.

5. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $756
    Taylor has something Harris and Tate don't.....he's 6' 4" tall.

'

UDDawg likes this.
  6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    FWIW, and I like all of these players so it feels weird nitpicking here, but Harris is 6'3". There is definitely size on the perimeter now.

7. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,098
    You may well be right, but Chuck is listed at 6'2" on Butler's roster page.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Taylor had 30 pts. as Perry Meridian fell in OT to New Palestine 64-58.

9. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Perry Meridian earned a 38-35 over Roncalli with Taylor scoring 21pts. The officiating was lopsided as Taylor was mugged early an often. Taylor managed to shoot 50% from the floor (3 of 6 from 3 point range) and 5 of 6 FTs. He added 4 rebounds, 2 assists a block and a steal.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  10. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,962
    Just curious, did you attend this game or watch it online?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Online today. The game was at Roncalli. It is available on You Tube. I try my best to be neutral but this game appeared to be officiated in a one sided manner. Somehow Coach James avoided a technical foul but he was livid none the less.

estar20dawg and Staxawax like this.
  12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,798
    Here's the link if anyone wants it. He definitely was getting to know about 5 players on Roncalli up close and personal. If ST Johns fans thought our game had a foul disparity they should watch that game...yikes

13. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Taylor has knack to slither his way to the basket. He has deceptive quickness that allows him to smoothly glide through traffic. If he can translate his length and quick hands to defense he could see plenty of court time.

estar20dawg and 2xDawg like this.
  14. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,798
    He reminds me a lot of Jaden Ivey at Purdue, was ranked in the 200's his junior year committed to Purdue jumped big time his senior year, became much more polished and under control, got used to college speed and now blossoming already as a freshman. I could see a similar path with Taylor

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  15. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    I can see that. Another interesting facet it that he seems very coachable. Obviously he is capable of much more, but understands that coach James style of play gives the team the best chance of winning. Ivey seems out of control at various times, but perhaps a bit more athletic, while Taylor could be more versatile and skilled?

estar20dawg likes this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Perry improved 11-7 0n the season with 49-36 win over Franklin Community. No stats as of yet.

17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,695
    I can see that. I remember saying Ivey was a top 50 player in the class the first weekend I saw him the summer before his junior season. I believe it was Zeb Jackson and him I saw going at it and instantly wanted both. It made no sense that Ivey went under the radar for so long, just like it's made no sense for Taylor. He's been productive for a long time and passes the eye test with ease.

Shimmy, seadawg, BoyGeoff and 2 others like this.
  18. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Taylor had 28 pts. vs Franklin, including 8 for 8 on FTs and a pair of 3s.

Shimmy, bumba, znelson15 and 5 others like this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    A little surprised no one has mentioned Wood's in depth story on Taylor from yesterday's Indy Star. Mark James had some great quotes. Comparing him to Arron Henry, as well referring to JT as a "monster" in waiting. Taylor is the cousin of Raphael Davis former Big 10 defensive POY from Purdue. He also has willingness to work hard and has strong academics.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Perry Meridian topped Decatur Central 54-38. Taylor led the way with 23 pts. on 9 of 14 shooting (2 of 3 from beyond the arc). He added 7 boards. Perry improved their record to 12-7.