Jerald Butler - 2017 Guard (Elon)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
  2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
    Mad_Dawg 48 and UDDawg like this.
  3. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    Greenfield Central High School/Hancock Regional Hospital is way more cultured than Butler. ;)

NCJon likes this.
  4. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,258
    All I know is a player complained to parents about something that was said by Galloy, something culturally incompetent, and parent went to athletic department. But I know nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,871
    The sad part of this post is I know that you’re serious.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    It was absolutely not, and it went beyond a single incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac, bmradio99 and bu2013 like this.
  7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Being thoroughly indecent does nothing to combat the “safe space” movement, it only perpetuates it.

I’m a millennial and most of my generation would completely agree that there is plenty of absolute nonsense that is concocted in the name of “safe spades” and “sjw’s” to the point where it’s actually dangerous in some ways. There’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed imo, that often is, where being able to talk about real issues is not possible because people are uncomfortable embracing differences or being uncomfortable.

The way you’re choosing to combat this issue doesn’t actually do anything but perpetuate it though. The overwhelming majority of people who disagree with how you’re conducting yourself understand and agree with your principle that people are too quick to take offense to something that simply makes them uncomfortable to hear. That does not make the progressiveness of millennials inherently bad. For example, I’ve met one millennial in my life who cares if others are gay. That’s truly a milestone accomplishment for society. That doesn’t mean “inclusiveness” doesn’t overstep it’s boundaries sometimes-it does-but everything in life needs and receives refinement over time and there are some really great things happening right now as a result of that process.

I’ve always said that I am as deeply connected to Butler as I am because the team and community represents my values. What you do often do here is embarrassing. You’re not alone. There are other people here who say things that are not ok, but mostly they do so unknowingly; You do so purposefully. You did not criticize the content of what JGB’s mom said so much as you belittled her for saying something you didn’t like and used derogatory descriptors to try to discredit her credibility when you could have done so with logic.

What you did simply makes us all look classless and unintelligent and I call upon Jared to do a better job of moderating posts like yours that simply diminish our collective pride in this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,370
    I'm just glad we have so many dead horses to beat.

9. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
    DawgsMD likes this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,091
    Let us put this thread to bed. Gillens-Butler was never going to play for Butler, he is gone.

cornette33 and bumba like this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    [​IMG]

BoyGeoff and willisbrown like this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    Heh. I know right. Maybe 2014 should become a mod? He is the Jesus Christ of basketball knowledge after all.

13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    Ah, man. Here we go.

14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Nah. I’ve said all I can say.

Hinkle likes this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    I’ve blocked or ignored so many posters I don’t understand the threads anymore

16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,871
    What an obvious retort to a well laid out and pointed criticism of your actions on this board. I never imagined you'd respond with a name-calling deflection, but you once again surprised me!

You make this place worse.

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,943
    So, may I simply ask was the Galloy comment racially insensitive? I'm getting that this is the gist of the comment based on the tip-toeing around the issue.

I certainly don't want to get into the whole SJW thing or politically charge an atmosphere that is already so combustible, but there does seem to be a changing of the guard with the program. And if that change means a removal of the "old boys" network or inherent racism, then I'm all for it. It's an odd dichotomy though and something that really struck me during this year's Final Four. Almost all of the Sweet 16 coaches were white while most of their impact players were not. LJ is our first non-white coach and he's already making racial inroads (see Battle and his desire to play for a black coach). I think this all for the best for the program and I'm glad that if this change is sweeping out some bad eggs. I was simply curious because Butler has a culture that tends to sweep this **** under the rug instead of letting the glare of public scrutiny play its role.

And just so no one takes my words out of context, I couldn't give a **** about skin color whether it's the coach or the players. I want Butler to be the best program they can be and relentless display effort and good sportsmanship. Call it the Butler Way or what you will.

18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I say this with full disclosure that I have no idea what was said or what happened but I did know Galloy. He was a character. He had a very dry sense of humor but was not at all a bad guy from my experience. I’d be surprised if he said anything at all with malicious intent, but I simply don’t have any idea what actually happened.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    No no no no no, nothing like that (that I've ever been told). I don't want to go into the fine details because it's a private issue and frankly I just don't know how many people know and don't want to out myself. But I don't want anyone thinking this or for this thread to go down that rabbit hole. Things weren't jelling. And again, it wasn't a single thing. There needed to be a change, period.

20. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,404
    Was Galloy's removal related to JGB at all? I'm not quite making the connection here - and if a staff member was removed mid-year, that probably deserves its own thread.