Jerald Butler - 2017 Guard (Elon)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 25, 2016.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,199
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    JGB had a bad ankle sprain with about 10 minutes to go in Elon's game today, their first back after a long Covid pause. It didn't look like much when it happened, but Schrage described it as "probably pretty severe" in his post-game press conference.

Hate to see it. He's been a big factor in Elon's 3-0 start. Second leading scorer and sets the tone for a lot of their defense.

znelson15 likes this.
  3. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,050
    JGB posted on his Instagram it’s a Ruptured Achilles....done for the year :(.

Kid can’t catch a break...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  4. NCJon

Money:
    $9,703
    I saw that. Heartbroken for him. Waited so long to get his shot and then three games in that happens.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,921
    Ugh - really sucks. Achilles are tough to come back from. Hope for the best for the young man.

knobcreekfan and ButlerNut like this.
  6. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,846
    I guess the apparent Butler injury jinx can follow you even when you transfer to another school.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. NCJon

Money:
    $9,703
    JGB is transferring again. Will be a grad transfer after graduating from Elon.

I am really bummed things didn't work out for him there but am glad he is leaving with a degree. Given all the hurdles he has had, that's accomplishment enough.

He only played 13 games in two years. There were some chemistry issues on this year's team and he stepped away a few games into the conference season. Last year he got off to a great start and had a nasty Achilles injury three games in.

mwall787, ButlerProf and cornette33 like this.