Jerald Butler - 2017 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 25, 2016.

1. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,521
    I think he just needed to get a little quicker and now his handles need to catch up with that now, from the little I have seen him play... I think he will play good mins next year and starter mins the next year. Don't have a ton of info to work on, but it's what my guts says!

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,698
    Kelan Martin has raved about him and his ability to get to the basket. I see a lot more upside with him than I do with AT if only because of his size and quickness. Big guards can shoot over AT. They won't over be able to do so as easily against JGB. But then again I'm not that big on AT or his prospects.

BulldogCTM likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    I'd love for him to get matched up on guards and just isolate him in the post. JGB is such a great passer if they double we get an open look, if there's no help he should be able to go to work.

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,099
    An off-season body transformation is the key if this is to happen.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  5. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $352
    Huh? Thompson looks to me to be about 10x quicker than JGB. JGB is thicker but he isn't all that much taller. I think it's a bit of a stretch to think that a guy playing no minutes has more upside than a guy playing meaningful minutes every game. If it's fair to assume JGB will work on his body, it's also fair to assume Thompson will come back next year with a better jump shot.

And this isn't to bash JGB at all -- I too think he can be a very valuable player for BU going forward.

6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    I think if JGB can continue to develop, he can absolutely provide some great value to the team, but until he and/or AT develop those jumpers, I have a hard time thinking of a lineup in which we'll see them on the floor together. Having multiple guys who can handle the ball on the floor at the same time is never a bad thing. For example, I can see him playing in a lineup in which he can play the de facto point guard on offense, and guard a wing on defense. When you have smaller guards like Baldwin, Jorgensen and Thompson, it makes it a little more challenging defensively to have all 3 in at the same time. Can see him playing with Kamar and Jorgs, or even possibly filling the 2 guard role if the matchup is right.

He's lost 15 lbs since coming to Butler, so he's definitely working, and Coach Jordan said that JGB reminds him of himself, so hopefully he just continues to work and one day he'll start to see the benefits of all his hard work.

Tark43, Mad_Dawg 48 and seadawg like this.
  7. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,888
    What an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. I have no doubt we'll be talking about JGB's contributions to this program by his senior year.

MSUDawg likes this.
  8. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $418
  9. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $965
    Love it. Can’t wait to see the fruits of his off season work!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,698
    Wonder where the picture was taken?

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,099
    Great to see JGB reaffirm his commitment to himself and BU. I'll look forward to a before and after side by side pic around October along with his future contributions.

Tark43 likes this.
  12. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,888
    That's awesome! JGB is built like a tank (kinda like Rose). He's listed at 6'4", 235. Glad to see this kind of commitment and heart. Will pay dividends next season!

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,057
    Am I the only one that finds the before/after pictures creepy af? I feel like I might get arrested if someone peaks over at my phone...

14. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,307
    I hope he gains 20 lbs so we can go back to playin' ball the way it was supposed to be played with real men.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,160
    Looks like JGB has been putting in the work to change his body. Good for him.

Tark43 and Irishdawg like this.