Jerald Butler - 2017 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,079
  2. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $345
    Congratulations to a future Bulldog! Noticed that the article was written by 17 yr old student reporter, too... A few errors and inconsistencies, but a good read.

Sent from my XT1049 using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,521
    Can't wait to get him on campus! The future is bright!

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,099
    Agreed It will be nice to welcome another champion to BU. Let's hope he find his niche.

5. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,087
    Butler had 25 points and 10 rebounds in the championship win over Tampa Catholic. 6 points and 4 rebounds in the semifinal. Only challenge was that he had 11 turnovers in the two games.

Calvary held Marianna to 1 of 29 shooting in the second half of that semifinal. Brutal.

6. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $389
    How many classes do they have in Florida for the 5A championship game to be played at 10am? My word, that seems early. Were 1A-4A played on Friday?

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,635
    They have 9 classes. 1-4 are played the first day and 5-9 are played the second day.

8. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    Congrats to Gerald Butler and his teammates! Can't wait for him to be in a Butler uniform next Fall.

Go Dawgs!

9. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $48

Could he be our point guard next year? :eek:

10. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $207
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,697
    He sure does remind one of Rose Jones. Not sure he is a point guard though.

12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    He can play anything 1-3 he's the definition of a combo. It'll be nice to have a big physical guard to match up with some guards in the Big East next year. We'll have our own Thunder-Lightning combo with Baldwin-Butler

SpartanDawgs and BoyGeoff like this.
  13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,683
    Who is #23! and where is he going? He looks like the prototypical Ed Cooley player.

From that video you would think the white team blew out Butler lol.

14. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,993
    Thats Kevin Knox . . . clearly you had the during sound off during the video. LoL.

247 has him 8th overall in the class of 2017. Uncommitted, weighing offers from the blue bloods.

15. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,509
    Knox looks good, but 8th overall? He seemed very weak to me, lots of floaters at least in this game. Didn't see much of a J or defense either.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,102
    His first three highlights from that video were jumpers... And he had a couple blocks in there too. He looks great to me.

Jerald looks like he'll be a very nice player as well. He moves much smoother than I would have guessed.

17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,057
    I was curious as to why Butler didn't guard Knox? His team was essentially Knox and 4 other guys... It's not like they needed Butler's size to guard bigger players... Knox was his team's tallest and biggest player... But they won the championship so can't too much

18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    How do you know he didn't guard him some, all they were showing were the highlights, if Butler shut him down some that wouldn't have made the highlight tape, probably some switch offs and to protect Butler from foul trouble because he is too important but I don't know, I wasn't there.

19. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $355
    I just love the fact that we finally recruiting big east size.

20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,683
    Indeed I did. It would be quite inconsiderate to have it on during a packed train ride into the city at 630am.