Jeremiah Francis - 2019 Point Guard (UNC)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,524
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,365

3. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,543

Class of 2019 PG Jeremiah Francis is visiting Butler today

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BHayden likes this.
  4. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $536
    From what I read on Francis, it looks like he wants to commit somewhere early, so it is good we are in the mix at this point.

5. mwall787

Money:
    $1,543

Jeremiah Francis offered!

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,697

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,524
  8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,519
    No way this kid isn't flying up the rankings this summer.

9. PDT1242

PDT1242 Active Member

Money:
    $74
    Extremely impressed. Love his build, saw his father is even taller so he could grow a few more inches. He indeed is an ankle breaker, aggressive with his head up at all times, uses his off hand very well, nice crisp shot but seems to be interested in dishing first, even if his teammate is behind him. Always looking around and seems to understand the entire action and game. Not afraid to body up under the boards.
    If he is still in town, take away his keys, hide his father till he signs, tell Thad that we will owe him one if he pushes him to us.
    Oh, and bye the way, I like him.

joeglasgow71 likes this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,727
    Jeremiah's dad coached with Barry Collier at both Butler and Nebraska. Collier knows the family well.

BUcheer likes this.
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,127
    Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,976
    Hopefully that may end up a factor in his recruitment.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,881
    His dad was a standout at Ohio State from 1986-1990 and was an AC there from 1994-1997. His father was also an AC at Bowling Green, Ball State, Houston, Butler, Nebraska and Oregon State before becomming head coach at Prairie View A& M. He left A&M to become head coach at Pickerington HS in 2010 but resigned in 2014 after having a stroke. Collier relationship will be very helpful but his dad's background with OSU and proximity will be tough to recruit against,

14. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $901
    This kid is an ankle breaking machine. Wow.

Go Dawgs!

15. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,697
    Yeah, this isn't happening.
    I had a really dick comment on my post above, but thought it best to take it off.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,220
    Funny, I didn't know he committed to OSU already.

17. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,697
    Hmm, I didn't realize I said he was going to commit or did commit to tO$U... funny.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,220
    You posted three different tweets all connecting him to OSU and then suggested we don't have a chance here... Not sure how else we're supposed to take that.

19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,027
    Any insight on this or just a feeling?

20. mwall787

Money:
    $1,543
    http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1771346-francis-talks-recent-offers

When it comes to the areas he is trying to improve on, Francis explained, "I am trying to show I am a better leader and also I’m working on my pull up jumper so that I don’t have to worry about picking up a charge trying to go all the way to the rim."
    On the recruiting trail Francis has head quite a bit from Ohio State, Purdue, Butler, Creighton, Nebraska, West Virginia, and others.
    Most recently Francis made an unofficial visit to Butler and came out of that trip with an offer.
    About the visit to Butler, Francis said, "Butler was a great time. It is an excellent academic school and a great campus. All of the players, they all have a chip on their shoulder and I really liked it. Also Coach (Chris) Holtmann is a great coach and I like Coach (Ryan) Pedon a lot as well. He is a Central Ohio guy and a real good guy."
    An offer that came during the year was Ohio State. The son of two Ohio State athletes, Francis says it was huge to get the offer from the Buckeyes.
    "Getting that offer was just a blessing for my family," explained Francis. "My mom was a track athlete there and my dad was a four year starter and captain there, so it was just real blessing to get that offer for me and my family."
    The school that has been on Francis the longest is Purdue, and the Boilermakers continue to be a major factor in this recruitment.
    "I have a good relationship with Coach (Matt) Painter," said Francis of Purdue. "I am sad that Coach (Jack) Owens left for Miami-Ohio, but that won’t impact me. I still love Coach Painter and we are from the same city, Muncie, Indiana, so I still really like Purdue."
    Look for Francis to continue to play out the spring and summer before even thinking about making a college decision.