JGB to transfer

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by GO_DAWGS!, Apr 1, 2019.

1. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Member

Money:
    $61
    Number 2, go get those great transfers LJ

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Member

Money:
    $61
    This one isn’t a surprise, but it also feels a bit weird since we never really got to see what he could do. That alone, pre-injury, was probably a good indication he wasn’t going to get minutes, but seems like a great kid that had already overcome a lot with a unique body/skill set. Best of luck to him!

Daddysmack, bwesson15, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  3. This news doesn't deserve any sort of activity following this comment.

dippper61 likes this.
  4. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Glad to see JGB will get the opportunity for more playing time, but happy for Butler's program because this frees up a scholarship for a player who can actually contribute more--hopefully at either point guard or as a big man.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    There's two. One more to go is my prediction from all I've heard. I really like this kid, his skill set just wasn't going to play at this level. But props to him for overcoming what he did and best of luck to him moving forward. I hope he can fulfill his goal of receiving a degree.

Now, let's get some players.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  6. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    I think everyone on here should wish JGB the best whether your glad we have another open scholarship or not. He didn’t get hardly any minuets and always seemed encouraging to his teammates and the way he announced his transfer seemed very classy. He also mentioned he talked with Jordan and they had good discussion.
    A lot of guys can bring down a locker room that were in his spot but he never seemed to do that. Thanks JGB

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
  8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,951
  9. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Member

Money:
    $61
    HB?

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I like that you pointed out that despite not getting minutes, he found a way to contribute. Being a great teammate is something that everyone should strive to be, and he was. That’s a mark of a kid with high character.

I hope he finds a destination that allows him to maximize his educational and athletic experience.

11. Has to be HB or CD.

12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,206
    My sentiments exactly. Just overcoming his background and getting a college degree is a huge win.

It’s too bad he didn’t develop into Rosie 2.0. Good luck finding a better playing situation JGB!

joliebeth23 and Hinkle Nation like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,569
    Don’t come any better than JGB.

estar20dawg and Hinkle Nation like this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,569
    Hopefully not both.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    Or David.

Either way we stand at two. Two insanely important slots. I think the pressure has been turned up a notch and LJ needs to hit a couple solid line drives if not homers on these openings. Two players that can impact to go around the core coming back moves us from a BE basement resident to the next level. This is all on LJ now, as it is becoming HIS team and not an inherited one, little by little.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,036
    could be both and more...there seems to be a growing rift between players and coaches namely LJ, this could go from bad to worse if there isn't some kind of closed door healing/open discussion on what needs to happen next involving the AD, coaching staff and players. That needs to be done behind closed doors and I hope we never hear about it.

bwesson15, dippper61 and willisbrown like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    It IS a mutiny!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!! Chaos at its finest. This definitely is going to be LaVall's team.

BulldogsFTW and estar20dawg like this.
  18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,123
    I hope he makes a good decision on his transfer, he always had a smile on his face and very respectful in conversations with fans. Sorry it did not work out at Butler.
    Best of luck JGB.

19. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    I thank him for choosing to be a Bulldog and I hope he finds a place to get playing time and a quality degree. These choices may be easy for us, but uprooting is pretty tough to do, and leaving friends is hard. I certainly do not like change as my wife of 43 years will tell you. When I go to restaurant she knows exactly what I will order.
    I also appreciate the classy way he conducted himself, his post upon leaving and his witness both by words and deeds. Good luck wherever you end up.

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,569
    Apparently you already know a lot. Could you share what you know?

mwall787 likes this.