JGB to transfer

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by GO_DAWGS!, Apr 1, 2019.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    When do we devolve this thread into academics and derail it? (and yes, I am part of the derailment on the other thread)

2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    Please expand on this very vague, seemingly baseless claim.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    there's just been a lot of chatter that's all and most of it isn't very positive or great. If I were coaching or the AD this would be something that would need to be addressed and taken care of immediately, that's all. Can't let this stuff linger and fester without getting together and solving the problem and coming together.

4. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,413
    Bummer, but sounds like the right decision for all. Good luck to Jerald.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  5. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $77
    Someone claiming inside info or “I’ve heard for months/years” going to make an actual specific statement on a future move? Sure seems like a lot of people have specific info, and deep sources in hindsight but we never heard one thing on here before it went down?...I.e. Brunk

Were the seemingly dozens of you that knew about Brunk for years just trying to be respectful and not share? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    You certainly don't want it going public and really throwing things off the track. We are in an important period of attracting transfers (or a freshman) and don't need further negativity causing a stench. It's bad enough the team looked undisciplined and checked out at times, but to take any rift public would really be a bad look. With social media and loud mouths there is already enough chatter...start putting teeth into those things and we have problems. I'm as glad as anyone to see some transfers, but without a regime change, too much of an exodus could end up biting LJ and staff in the booty.

estar20dawg likes this.
  7. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    My thoughts exactly.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    Who is doing the chatter? What stuff ?

Tentozen, firedupkaren and mwall787 like this.
  9. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I heard about this. Heard about Brunk last season. The reason I don’t share things is twofold. 1) telling this board that info offers me no benefit and could be potentially harmful to my ability to continue receiving it and/or the player in question. 2) For some reason people resent a lot of the information I post. Posting speculation has a much higher probability to be incorrect and I want my posts to receive thoughtful discussion and not be written off as coming from someone who just throws stuff at walls.

Daddysmack and 2xDawg like this.
  10. firedupkaren

Money:
    $4,961
    What chatter though?

Insane Dawg and jkcdawgs like this.
  11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    Is there any meat to this besides a tweet about Brunk for a twitter account with zero followers? Not trying to be glib — genuinely curious.

Insane Dawg and Tentozen like this.
  12. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $77
    If this was in response to me, there seems to be plenty of negative speculation, and negative discussions on this board as it is...and though I love the board and the depth it allows us to get into, I’m not sure how much of a real world influence I think it really has? I’ll admit, I’ve never worked in high end college basketball recruiting, but I have a hard time thinking a recruit, who has studied a program, watched games, talked to coaches, talked to staff, visited campus, visited classes, visited Indy, is going to be influenced in in real way by what negative theories a pseudonym representing a 40 year old graduate is spouting on a message board. Maybe I’m totally wrong, but feels like a stretch.

Insane Dawg and DawgsMD like this.
  13. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $213
    This one, while expected, is kind of sad for me. I really liked all that he brought as a teammate, and wish we had the luxury to see if he develops on the court. Wherever he goes, I wish him the best and know that he will come in and make the new team better.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    I apologize, I shouldn't just post in glimmers, that was my fault. I'm going to let things play out as they will and I don't want to add any fuel to any fires out there. I hope to God that at this point in time next year we have a winning team again or else it really will be a dumpster fire going on here, there and everywhere Butler fans are.

15. firedupkaren

Money:
    $4,961
    ummmm

[​IMG]

16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    A new coach and staff come in and people transfer, there will be close to eight hundred transfers when it all said and done. People transfer for different reason it is ludicrous to conclude it always the fault of the coach. Brunk and JGB had their own reasons and none of us will ever know those reasons let's just move on and see how Jordan and the staff
    rebuild the roster. Chill people!

17. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,705
    Well I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for him here and wish him well going forward! (I will root for him as long as he isn't playing against Butler.)

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Oh hell no, it was just a general response to all from what estar said. Just agreeing that if indeed there are some rifts and some bad relationships coming to the surface, that it's handled quietly by the staff/admin and kept out of the vulchers' mouths. As far as speculating on here, no worries about anything from anyone. I say everyone speak away and rumors are encouraged. They may read this ish but we don't have any influence, I'm speaking inside out...we don't want to see anyone from within the program going gas can on the way out.

GO_DAWGS! likes this.
  19. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I don't think there's any rifts between coaching staff and players.

Brunk and Gillens-Butler weren't recruited by Jordan.

Brunk was on the fence from the beginning and Jordan's style didn't seem to fit his skill-set.

Gillens-Butler wasn't getting playing time here with no hopes for more in the future.

I think it's as simple as that.

Honestly, this could be a great opportunity to upgrade the talent level of the roster. Get some grad transfers like Tyler Lewis, Avery Woodson, Savage, etc. that have polish and can immediately contribute. Better players not only equals more talent, but means better competition on the roster for playing time which is always a bonus and up's everyone's game.

20. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    Well said!