Joey Brunk - 2016 Center (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 10, 2013.

1. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    This brought a big smile to my face. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling with Joey!

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Scouting Indiana ‏@ScoutingINBoys May 10
    6'9-6'10 C Joe Brunk (2016) of Southport...looks stronger & more fluid, good post skill & hands, didn't finish well but worked hard inside

3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,763
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1402258.html (Joey Brunk)

--------------------

4. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Sounds like he had fun.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,797
    Butler is fun.

6. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    A lot of fun.

7. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 7:16 PM - 20 May 2014
    Purdue is the latest offer for 2016 center Joey Brunk per HS coach Kyle Simpson

8. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552
    Let's get this kid on campus now.

I'd be down for an all Indiana 16 class. Walker - Guy - Brunk. Lets do it!

9. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Originally Posted by jkcdawgs
    I visited with Coach (Kyle) Simpson and my family and had a lot of fun,” said Brunk of the trip. “I saw the new facilities and the renovations. It was a lot of fun to see. Butler plays the right way, they are a fun team to watch, and it was a lot of fun.

I used to have fun at Iron Mike's and the Mel. Louise and Ernie ran a loose ship! One of my high-lites was being ejected from the Mel--that put me in with a large group of non-elite BU students. I think the Mel received a super discount for buying large amounts of skunked Oertel's 92.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Louise and Ernie were the best bartender/owners ever! Put Cheers to shame. Understand the Mel caters to a different persuasion now. How could you get ejected from the Mel?

11. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,159

Loved Ernie and Louise. Was Louise ever sober? Don't forget Russ at the Red Key. Mr. Dorian Grey. Looked the same for 40 years.

12. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Louise took exception to a friend from Iron Mike's and told us all four of us to GTFOH! Two days later it was if nothing had ever happened--maybe the VO had worn off. Do you remember Myrtle? She was the prior owner along with her husband Don. Myrtle was about as smooth as a stucco bath tub. Don was a great skirt chaser and admired those who also chased. He was great about loaning their house in near Rockville if you had a "big" date--nice if you didn't mind driving about 20 from the Illinois line!

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Don and Myrtle were before my time.

14. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Kyle Neddenriep ‏@KyleNeddenriep · 4:05 PM - 16 Jun 2014
    Southport center Joey Brunk (2016) was offered by Ole Miss this afternoon.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
  16. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,159
    So what do we do? Do we even extend an offer? Kid has some upside and he's right in our backyard. Or, do we show some confidence in our "committed" player and not recruit over him?

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,881
    I don't think they'd get him even if they did offer him, but I do think they should offer him. Rarely can you have too much size (talented size at that), and especially when Woods leaves after this season, it's going to put a lot of pressure on Wideman, Davis, Chrabascz and Fowler to hold down the paint. I do think those 4 can do it, but when you're talking about as much potential as Brunk has, IMO, you're better off having too much talent at those positions than not enough.

I think ultimately Davis and Chrabascz are 4's, and if Davis can improve his ball handling, you could probably play him on the wing at times as well. Similarly for Wideman, though he'll definitely be used as a 5 early on, I think ideally he can be moved over to the 4 in spots, especially if his jumper can progress.

18. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Jake Brown @Jake_Brown 12:22 PM - 19 Jun 2014
    Hoops - #NotreDame is hosting 2016 Indianapolis Southport C Joey Brunk on an unofficial visit today.

Paul Konyndyk ‏@Pkonyndyk 7:06 PM - 21 Jun 2014
    Joey Brunk and Southport won the 2014 Izzo Shootout. Lima Senior played hard, but could not overcome a couple fatigue-aided mistakes.

19. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,537
    @THicksFRHC: "Butler watched Joey Brunk again today, at least the 3rd time this week."

Hope we offer soon.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292