Joey Brunk - 2016 Center (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 10, 2013.

1. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    No actually both Fowler and Wideman are mobile and can drive the lane and work the baseline. In fact Fowler is essentially a larger version of Chrabascz. They don't need an outside game to play the four position. Berry only claimed he wanted to play forward after he figured out Miller was installing a system featuring three forwards and no true center. I don't think Berry had the strength, athleticism, or aggressiveness to play the four.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    He also may not have been enamored with Butler and Miller and they felt it. Need to move on.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns · 7h
    Good morning matchup: Joey Brunk v. Barret Benson. Two big men getting a lot of Big Ten interest.

-----------

I would imagine Butler watched that game.

4. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Kyle Neddenriep ‏@KyleNeddenriep · 7:52 PM - 21 Jul 2014
    Southport center Joey Brunk (2016) has picked up an offer from Northwestern.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    ....he's going to have his choice of practically any B10 school. Haven't ever heard/read who he really favors yet. Have to think that Izzo offer weighs heavy though. I can't see him going to Indiana, cause most likely Fred Glass makes a coaching change after this upcoming season. If Alford were to get that job that might change things. I'm not sure Alford would leave UCLA for Indiana though. To me it's 75/25 Crean will be out. They are just going to be brutal at the 4 and 5 spots.

6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,827
    Was told that BU was watching Brunk specifically.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Jim Reamer GRInd @UAGRIND_2015 · 21h
    For coaches asking:
    We’re listed as Grassroots Indiana.

Shepherd 16U is UA GRIND 2016 in the 17U division

Crist 16U is UA GRIND in 16U div

------

Louisville tourney. Brunk is on Shepherd's team and they are playing up a grade in this event. McDermott, Walton etc are on Reamer's Grassroots Indiana team.

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Louie Vaccher ‏@WildcatReport Jul 22
    .@coach_collins to 2016 C @JoeyBrunk: "I've won at every level I've played. It's who I am. I like to win...it's what I'm going to do here."

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Jim Reamer GRInd @UAGRIND_2015 · Jul 21
    AAU Super Showcase change:
    UA GRIND 2016 - Shepherd has been moved to the 16u division

-------

Brunk in 16U showcase at Louisville. Makes much more sense for that team than playing up a grade in that loaded event. Brunk probably only one on that team that could handle it.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Holtmann watched both of Joey's games down in Louisville Fri.

Xavier/Purdue/Michigan State/Northwestern and a host of other schools watched too.

Brunk's team lost to King James(the team that beat Moyer)...I was hoping Moyer would have beat King james cause he would have faced Brunk.

Brunk played very well. For a school who hasn't offered, Butler sure watches Joey alot.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom 23h
    #Purdue, Xavier, Iowa, Nebraska among those that watched GRIND 16s vs King James this afternoon. Joey Brunk, Xavier Simpson and others.

-----

Just a note. Butler(Holtmann) was also watching that game. I think he was also watching Simpson along with Brunk.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Joey Brunk ‏@JoeyBrunk 11h
    Congrats to my guy @Kyle_Guy24 for the big day! Keep working!

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
    Crean missed on getting an OV for Stephen Zimmerman. Haven't been cut yet but doesn't sound good. Wondering how hard he'll be chasing Brunk from here on out.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Trevor Andershock ‏@INBBallSource 7h
    2016 post prospect is taking a visit to Xavier University today after a huge July.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    pf1 ‏@BUpf1 Aug 2
    #Butler continuing to let archrival poach from its backyard. MT @INBBallSource: Joey Brunk taking a visit to Xavier today after a huge July.

----------

Yo dumbass. Where is Cincinnati Moeller located at? Xavier continuing to let archrival poach from its backyard. It can work both ways if you WANT to think of it that way. But some don't......................

19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Your response doesn't fit pf1's plan. Has Moyer visited Xavier?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  20. butler04

butler04 New Member

Money:
    $5
    To be fair, it is different. I agree with the negativity regarding Brunk's recruitment. I fail to see any reason he wasn't offered months ago. As for Xavier recruiting in Indy, it is a problem. Its not the same as Butler going to Cincy. Indy is much more fertile ground with higher profile players (better), so the hit is perceived to be that much worse. As a comparison, it looks much worse for UCLA if Arizona gets an LA kid than if UCLA gets a Phoenix or Tucson kid.