Joey Brunk - 2016 Center (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 10, 2013.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,796
    I also was told that they have been given a verbal approval, but the paperwork has not been formally completed.

2. But61ler

But61ler Member

Money:
    $44
    Has Bunk received an official report for his hardship case?

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
  4. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    I received word tonight that Joe Brunk was placed in hospice care this week. Please keep Joey and the Brunk family in your thoughts during this difficult time.

5. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,736
    Oh no :( so sad. Keeping Big Joe and the whole Brunk family in our prayers. Cancer sucks.

6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,881
    Awful news. Will definitely keep their family in my prayers.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,804
    The saddest of news. Positive energy to the Brunk family.

8. BUcheer

Money:
    $8,796
    Truly heartbreaking. Joey, his mom and his brother are going to need his Butler family to circle around and support them in the days and years ahead. A blessing he chose Butler for so many reasons.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    Lost my dad in a similar fashion ~5 years ago, my first year out of BU. Nothing worse in the world. Feel incredibly terrible for him. Took me years to feel normal again.

10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,804
    Special thoughts to the entire Brunk family...

11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,835
  12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,011
    Praying for joey and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. BUcheer

Money:
    $8,796
    Such a loving dad and a truly special family. We are lucky to have them as a part of the Butler program. Got to show Joey lots of love the next 4 years...his Dad will be so missed. Celebration of Life planned for Tuesday, I'm told.

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    Brutal.

15. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,537
    Awful news. **** cancer.

Staxawax likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    Very sad, hope they spent as much time as possible together in the last year. Prayers for the entire family.

BUcheer likes this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,029
    Very sad but you knew it was coming. I think that this will be a hard time for Joey, but, I also think once that realization and sadness begins to creep, he can put this behind him, knowing it's over, and really plug into his game. I cannot imagine that lingering on a day to day basis for someone, just waiting for the inevitable. It holds you down and is one constant heart breaking thing. But, once it's over, it can re-open the mind and body and motivate the living **** out of you. For pain reasons, I'm glad it's over. For both Mr. Brunk and the family. It's never easy though. Even knowing the pain is over. Cheers to the fight, and cheers to the kid getting through this. It's a *****.

18. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    Nothing can prepare or lessen the pain of losing your father at a young age. Lost mine as a junior in HS and it still hurts, but I remember the good more than the bad now. Took a while to get back in the right mind. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

19. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,736
    Praying for Joey and his family as they struggle through this loss together. The Butler family has shown how compassionate it can be in times like these, and there's no doubt the entire team will help hold him up while he goes through this. F'n cancer.

BUcheer likes this.

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,474
    Love & condolences to the Brunk family & to the entirety of the Bulldog family.