Joey Brunk - 2016 Center (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 10, 2013.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    Why do you say 80%?

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,448
    Just basic observations. Although I did see him hit 6 in a row in crunch time in HS.

3. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
    Interesting observation.

4. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,158
    Brunk shot mid-70% range in high school and AAU.

5. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $184
    Insider information thinks 81%

MSUDawg likes this.
  6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    His touch is good. As he plays more I think mentally he’ll adapt more and more to the speed and it will be calming.
    He’ll get into better shape and get stronger meaning he’ll have better endurance.

Very unscientific but I think the trend is likely up.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    There have been two games since I posted this. As crazy as Brunk’s free throw rate was through six games, one would expect his FTR to regress a bit towards normalcy. Instead, it has *increased* after each of the last two games. In 34 minutes of play over the last two games, Brunk has attempted 8 free throws. Remarkable. This aspect of Brunk’s game remains very encouraging.

*So far* this season, there may be no player in college basketball that has done as good of a job at getting to the free throw line as Brunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,601
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
  10. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $773
  11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,934
    As I posted elsewhere, Joey was great with our kids and took time to talk to us after the game Saturday. He also got into the fun and helped the kids actually make baskets. I’ll be cheering for him for sure. He’s definitely for the Bulldog mentality down pat.

DSC_0586.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bobbu64, kmacker69 and bwesson15 like this.
  12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,766

Evansville, Indiana State or Ball State?

13. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,171
    This may have been as much about Woodson telling him he wasn't part of their plans going forward as it was Joey looking for a new place.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

joliebeth23 likes this.
  14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,165
    Bingo. He's a wasted scholarship and I'm sure Woodson feels pressure to get results soon.

I pray like holy hell LJ doesn't show this any attention. I hope he remembers how this dude was out the door mid season and was in bed with IU way before it was announced he was leaving.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    I don’t think his scholarship would “count,” if I understand the weird rules for next year. So I don’t think Woodson was shoving him out; there’s no reason to. But I do think he probably told him he didn’t see much playing time coming his way and that if that’s what mattered most to him, he’d probably be better off elsewhere.

NCJon and butlerdude05 like this.
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    That’d be my guess. I can’t imagine there’s high major interest for him, given the number of transfers and what he’s done (hasn’t done) over the last few seasons. And at this point he’s going to be a sixth year player - it’s hard to see him changing.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,165
    That's true. I have senior moments where I get lost on the scholarship thing. Gonna be a goofy year trying to figure out eligibility and who is what year.

18. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,366
    Please no to Brunk. That season went south around the time the time Jordan Tucker was eligible, and a lot of people wrongly assumed Tucker messed up the chemistry when it was likely that Brunk-to-IU was known among the team. The second the staff knew Brunk was gone I wish they had benched him.

ButlerProf likes this.
  19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    I don’t know that they knew as early as December, but they definitely knew before March. I would be *shocked* if Butler showed interest here.

Tentozen likes this.
  20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,366
    I don't even know if they are really active after any Centers. I think a wing scorer, as we've seen, and a pure point guard who is okay backing up AT makes sense.