Joey Brunk - 2016 Center (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 10, 2013.

1. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    No I lambasted you for insinuating you have a better grip on talent than the coaching staff.

" Kevin Durant is roughly the same height as Duncan. I guess they should play exactly the same and be compared to one another. "

Isn't that my whole point ? I was pointing out Brunk isn't versatile and doesn't have the skill set to play any position other than the five. Look if he were 7' 1" I could understand a Top 100 ranking.

2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,614
    How has halftime_floor_sweeper not been banned?

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,009
    I'm not even going to humor you with a response other than this.

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    Scout is the only recruiting service that's come out with rankings for the 2016 that has Brunk rated in the top 100. While I'm very grateful that Butler has a Scout page, especially for the first set of rankings that come out for a class, it's typically more about who the analyst(s) have seen vs. who should actually be ranked in what spots. Rivals doesn't have him in the Top 150, but he might very well end up in that eventually, and ESPN doesn't have him in their rankings either. At this point I don't think it's my place to say where a player should be ranked. Brunk is a highly skilled player for his position, and considering he's still got 2 more years of high school left, I would expect him to expand his game beyond what he's got right now.

5. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218

Banned for what ?

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Ari Kasle @AKasle_BU · 2h
    People on the BU_Hoops recruiting board take everything I tweet way too seriously. I am NOT an authority on Butler. Just a fan.

--------

Personally I posted that original tweet because it was a different perspective on Brunk. Obviously Ari has watched Brunk live or on the Net. I am more interested in the "why's" of that original tweet.

7. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Kyle Neddenriep ‏@KyleNeddenriep · 5:25 PM - 15 Aug 2014
    Oklahoma is the latest school to offer Southport center Joey Brunk (2016).

8. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Purdue basketball recruiting targets enjoy camp battle

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  10. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $149
    Xavier has offered Brunk and he is one of their top Center targets in 2016. I would be shocked if Brunk left the midwest. He has a lot of interest from Purdue, Xavier, IU, Ohio state, Msu, and others.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns 8m
    Indiana will watch Southport (IN)'s Joey Brunk, Paul Scruggs tonight, per AAU coach Mike Peterson.

-------

Be interesting to see if Butler is there tonite as well..........

12. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $149
    Chris Mack and Travis Steele are there as well.

13. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns 4:44 PM - 9 Sep 2014
    Indiana, Butler, Stanford, Virginia, Xavier among the schools here at Southport (IN) for Joey Brunk, Paul Scruggs.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Kyle Simpson ‏@CoachKSimpson 2h
    Thanks to Butler, Indiana, Stanford, Virginia and Xavier for stopping by Historic Southport Fieldhouse to see workouts today.

--------

For a player we haven't offered yet, we sure watch Joey Brunk alot.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep · 2h
    A number of coaches at Southport open gym on Tuesday. Izzo, Painter expected in this week for Joey Brunk (2016).

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Brian Snow @BSnowScout · 17h
    Xavier's Chris Mack hit up Southport & North Central. At Southport joined by Tony Bennett, Johnny Dawkins, & assistants from Butler/Indiana

-------

Appears as though Butler had assistants at Southport Tues nite for Brunk/Scruggs. BMill evidently was somewhere else watching another player.

17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Eric Gardner @INPrep · 22h
    2016 C Joey Brunk (@JoeyBrunk) is taking a step forward with his athleticism. Really starting to show up in his game

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,827
    Thought Brandon was watching Kyle Guy?

19. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $439
    He watched Guy in the morning.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    I think he watched Guy Tues morning, then went over to Wilmington, Ohio to watch Cumberland later that day. Holtmann probably watched Brunk at Southport.