Joey Brunk - 2016 Center (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, May 10, 2013.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    Why in the hell does it take so long for the NCAA to do the right thing? Is it a controll issue?

2. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Active Member

Money:
    $214
    Of course it is...that is what an army of lawyers do, control things.....and prolong things.

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,625
    Had heard they could have taken even longer to rule (unbelievably) as it wouldn’t affect Joey until his junior year, smh.

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,340
    Huge summer for JB

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690
    If somehow he can take a giant step by next season this could be a special year for Butler.

BoyGeoff and SpartanDawgs like this.
  6. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $365
    I am looking for JB and CD to make big leaps, which could, in deed, make it special.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,292
    Even a regular step and small leap would be a positive contribution.

huss587 likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690
    Agree but Fowler is not going to get us to where the rest of the talent would indicate which is second in the BE.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,596
    Part of me can't wait until Fowler is gone just so I can stop seeing you bash him what seems like almost daily. And no, this isn't my way of saying that I think Fowler is great or awesome or anything like that. Still.

fdr, dawgs2014 and I Am Butler like this.
  10. seadawg

Money:
    $2,292
    I actually think NF will have productive senior season. He does have limitations but he also does things that do not show up in the stats on both ends of the court.

WestLoopDog and pjohnsto2003 like this.
  11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,819
    The one thing I will say positive for Fowler is, he does an excellent job sealing his defender for the others to drive into the lane

harvesting and Overland Bark like this.
  12. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,026
    The constant Fower bashing does get old. My view is that he accomplishes what the coaches want accomplished, and his analytics pass the smell test. If you don't like the guy you can say so, but do we have to read a new post about it everyday?

13. seadawg

Money:
    $2,292
    I think fans over expected a bit on Nate. Many have wanted a little more aggressiveness. What he lacks in raw athletic ability he seems to make up with basketball IQ. He is rarely out of position.

14. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $164
    That is exactly what it is. People that are critical of Fowler are the ones that talked themselves into thinking he was 'underrated.' He is what he is, its not his fault that people wanted him to be something else.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690
    Me too! I look forward to the day when Brunk takes over at the five or someone else. I also agree with MSU and estar in he does analytical things, passes the smell test and seals defenders. Fowler is indeed a key to our being a top 4 or 5 team in the BE. No argument from me. But this is a Brunk thread.

16. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $172
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Something really encouraging I've noticed about Brunk:

Players only qualify for Kenpom's free throw rate leaderboard if they've played 60%+ of their team's minutes (or 24 mpg). Brunk has played 20 mpg so far this season, so he doesn't qualify.

But if he did qualify - if he was playing 24 mpg instead of 20 mpg - his free throw rate would currently lead all of NCAA Division I. He's also shooting 72.4% from the stripe, which is plenty good, especially for a big guy.

One of the things that made Matt Howard so valuable was that he could get to the free throw line at will (advantageous both for the 1.5 expected points and getting other teams' bigs in foul trouble). It would be great if Brunk was similar in that way.

godogs91 likes this.
  18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,441
    I’ve got a feeling that ft% will climb substantially as well

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Do you have reason to believe he's a great FT shooter? I don't have any info either way.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $2,292
    80% may be his ceiling?