John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,993
    He was an Academic Redshirt. He had no choice.

Tark43 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  2. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $203
    JMM will be an Academic All-American. He‘ll lead Butler to four straight national championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,201
    Spellman was also 30 lbs. overweight? JMM is a 4.0 student currently. He also moves his feet on defense.

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    I was going to say - I remember the reports from Jared that the best thing about his game was that he did move his feet and make life difficult for opponents on the defensive end of the floor. I'm sure there will be some adjustment, and maybe in the end a redshirt is the right move, but I think he's going to be in the same league as an Andrew Smith on the defensive end of the floor once all is said and done.

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  5. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,910
    From what I have seen, he can move his feet, but he is and will be foul prone because he defends with his hands too frequently. Something that is correctable, but not as easy to change as it may sound. And although he is mobile, I do not currently see the quickness to beat his man to the spot at the college level. He might well be ready sooner than I think and has a high ceiling, but I don’t expect contributions until his 3rd or 4th year, which is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. FRENCH DAWG

Money:
    $203
    Larry Bird was never quick and he did just fine. JMM can HOOP it up. So glad he’ll be a bulldawg next year. Au revoir.

7. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,188
    So since I don't really follow recruiting or recruits until they suit up for us, who do we think will be better, Mulloy or Golden? Or are they not comparable

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,663
    I haven't thought about it, but from others on here....

Mulloy is more of a five in Andrew Smith/Matt Howard mold
    Golden is more of a Chrabascz

I could be totally wrong here.

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  9. BU_NeonHat

Money:
    $4,188
    I'd take a Smith/Howard + Chrabascz on the floor any day of the week and twice on Sunday

DawgsMD likes this.
  10. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,663
    I should clarify that I don't think they are as talented right now, but in terms of the style of game and positions they play within our system.

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  11. FRENCH DAWG

Money:
    $203
    JMM is going to be a combo of all three plus he’ll be able to create limericks and perhaps haikus. I see a little asian in him. Let’s consult 23 and Me to confirm my conjecture.

SRG and BU_NeonHat like this.
  12. BU_NeonHat

Money:
    $4,188
    John-Michael Mulloy
    He's a big guy haiku fan
    IU Sucks Go Dawgs

13. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,663
    Someone needs to write “The Ballad of John-Michael Mulloy.”

14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,755
    Don’t quite agree with this. To me, Chrabs was a poor man’s Howard. Howard was more more similar to Chrabs than he was Andrew Smith.

That said, I agree Mulloy is more Andrew Smith and Golden is more Howard/Chrabs.

15. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,164
    I’m not sure I see Andrew Smith in him really. I don’t know if there is really a good comparison from former Butler teams. He’s a very unique player. Maybe a taller version of Erik Fromm if I had to make one, but even that I don’t like.

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,805
    Definitely not a perfect comp, and it’s a little out of the box. But I could see some similarities to Khyle Marshall’s game. He’s obviously not as athletic as Marshall, but who is?

Maybe it’s just the left-handedness. But the one game I saw Carmel play (very small sample size), Mulloy got the ball at the top of the key a lot and attacked to the left. It reminded me of how Butler used Marshall.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    Defensively JMM will be a player who is capable of defending the post but I expect him to be more of a face up type of player on the offensive end.

18. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $748
    15/10/4 on 4/6 FGs, 7/10 FTs for JMM in a 66-61 win over Zionsville last night.

Purdue commit Isaiah Thompson went for 16 and 4, but shot 3/14 from the field.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    JMM displayed some uncanny passing ability in collecting some nice assists. Carmel has a 6'2" freshman BU may want to keep an eye on?

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,377