John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,377
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,201
    Impressive night for JMM on 14 of 15 shooting including 1 trey.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,377
    I still think one of the primary takeaways with JMM in high school is he moves well with the ball. He could be a solid 4 for us if he puts on muscle. The highlights on Fox59 tonight made him look impressive. I think he's getting better from the little I've seen of him.

4. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    He will be solid defensively and possesses passing ability as well. Displayed a nice jump-hook tonight and has ability to score with either hand. He actually shot 15 of 16, after missing his first shot.

BHayden, bumba and #60 like this.
  5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $805
    He will be an excellent addition next year, can see him as a true four as he matures and gets stronger.

6. BBall Fan

BBall Fan New Member

Money:
    $32
  7. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,036

Sounds like he performed well against Trayce Jackson Davis tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac, bumba and BHayden like this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,788
    The Star won't let me read the article unless I purchase a subscription. What did it say about Malloy and his stats?

Staxawax likes this.
  9. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    I thought JMM got the better of Davis but in fairness he had much more help. Carmel is a much better all around but JMM is a defensive gem. We landed a good one. Davis is the go to guy for Center Grove where as JMM can depend on others to score.

10. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,214
    If you switch to incognito, you can read anything you want.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  11. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Member

Money:
    $3,084
    They played to a stalemate. Carmel's supporting cast stepped up and that was the difference. You are not missing anything.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    Judge for yourself on the CG Sports Network. Replay is available.

13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $543
    I wonder if his rankings will budge in light of this performance. It is pretty funny to look at his 247 ranking history where he was 157 when we offered and how it has plummeted since he verbally committed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    Davis was limited to 1 rebound and forced into 6 turnovers including 2 steals by JMM. Davis had 2 blocks and connected on 4 of 6 shooting while hitting 4 of 8 FTs with no assists. JMM shot 4 of 10 and 2 of 4 FTs while gathering 6 boards and 2 assists. He did have 1 turnover.

15. BBall Fan

BBall Fan New Member

Money:
    $32
    JMM outplayed Davis last Friday night. Andrew Owens stepped it up along with others to get the win. As far as rankings go I will go back to my original comment last year.
    You should not put any faith into these rankings. After someone commits and your out of the top 50 or so it truly isn't a good reading on the player. If you truly want a look at the player watch him play a game. The kid from Texas Tech appears to be going in the first round of the draft and was rated 240 +- in rankings last year.
    JMM full potential will not be realized until he grows into his body. Can't wait to see what he looks like after the new strength coach gets ahold of him. Big guys take longer. JMM has a unique skill set for a big. Can't wait to see him on the court at Butler!!!!!

Tentozen likes this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    A couple of items that truly standout about JMM is an ability to constantly provide screens for his teammates, along with his defensive footwork. In those regards he is well ahead of the curve for a big.

17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,432
    He's got a pretty good shooting touch as well...I think we'll be pleasantly surprised, and I'd love to see a RS next year to give him a year with this strength & conditioning and get up to speed. We will have Nze, Golden and Brunk ahead of him.

18. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $62
    JMM had 17 points and 21 rebounds in a 71-56 win for Carmel over Cathedral tonight.

HoosierDawg likes this.
  19. Bulter Blue

Bulter Blue New Member

Money:
    $32
    Zionsville (Isiah Thompson - Purdue Recruit) 61 - Carmel 66
    Center Grove (Trayce Jackson-Davis - IU Recruit) 37 - Carmel 47
    Cathedral (Arman Franklin - IU Recruit) 56 - Carmel 71

The above named players are all ranked above JMM, but the outcomes speak for themselves. The Carmel system doesn't highlight individual players like some others do and JMM seems to care more about winning than individual stats. While he has a good supporting cast, it isn't remarkably better than what the players listed above have. There are a lot of reasons to be much more excited about him than the national rankings would indicate. The biggest is that he is a team first guy, a winner, and someone whose best basketball is still 2-3 years away as his body develops.

#60, bwesson15, BBall Fan and 2 others like this.
  20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $48

Battle and Mulloy on the list.