John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $51
    Good news. Great kid with skills and lots of potential!

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,711
    Considering both BU and Creighton have offered, makes him BE caliber.

3. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $441
    Interesting - IU has offered only a walk on spot, but no scholarship.

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    For now - Things can change quickly if he blows up as we've seen with the 2018 class.

5. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $441
    Very true. With the talent that IU is in on and the low number of scholarships available (currently 3, but will come down) I'd expect them to be very selective.

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,023
    I went to their opening night last fall when I was in town for the BU game and B1G Champ game. You can see the potential, but he had a long way to go. I didn't see it that night, but again, it was the first game of his sophomore year. He definitely has the potential, and if he develops, will be a good player for BU. Has skills and post moves, so there is a solid base on which to build.

7. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $613
    JMM just committed to Butler on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgPoundMac, mwall787 and NateDog like this.
  8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    Jordan and his staff did a tremendous job of picking out 2018 players who were about to blow up this summer. Hopefully he's done the same thing here. There is certainly a ton of potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Bulldawg, NCJon, IllDawg and 6 others like this.
  9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    Well... this was unexpected - hopefully he continues to develop, Go Dawgs!

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  10. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
    Smart move by John-Michael to commit before Danville could give him the kiss of death :D

DawgsMD, NCJon, #60 and 5 others like this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    Plenty of time for development. Two thumbs up...

SpartanDawgs and Irishdawg like this.
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,251
    Way to go LaVall & staff! A good pick up that will fill a need in the Class of '19.

bumba and Irishdawg like this.
  13. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,250
    Exciting addition! I have no clue about his game but from what I can gather it seems superficially similar to Fowler (based on their similar sizes and abilities to hit 3s). Does anyone with more knowledge care to compare/contrast with Fowler's game or, if appropriate, to a more suitable player?

14. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,250
    Also, what is our scholarship count for 2019? Is Fowler the only outgoing scholarship in 2019 (which is going to Mulloy) if we fill all 3 spots for 2018?

15. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    As it stands now 2 for 2019.

16. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $51
    Welcome to Butler John-Michael! We will be damn glad you are wearing blue in 2019.

BUcheer likes this.
  17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    The recent Phenom report is very positive on JMM. Perhaps he is much better athlete than I realized plus has an endless motor. It also states he is now 6'10" which indicates he may still be growing. He also carries a 3.96 GPA. I will make plans to catch a few games over the next 2 years. I'm in hopes this opens the recruiting flood gates.

18. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,775
    Nice! I do like the early commits. Show an extra I don't care about anyone else, I want to go to Butler!

19. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    I'll caveat this with I haven't seen much of him live, but from what I've been told and seen through his production - this is a HUGE early get. Obviously 2 years is a long time to wait and a lot of things (injuries, decomits, conference affiliations, coaching changes) can happen within that timeframe, but really really like this pick-up - especially in the 2019 class.

Helped his Indy Heat team get to the first Peach Jam in program history on the AAU circuit and recorded a few double-doubles in the process.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Great day to be a Bulldawg! Welcome JMM & great work by the staff.

The future will continue to be very bright if we can keep recruiting BE level talent in our own backyard.