John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $211
    Let's get the Carmel coach as an assistant....or better yet.......

2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,063
    I'd rather hire Michael Lewis assuming Tim Miles gets fired...

bumba and willisbrown like this.
  3. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $62
    Or a former Carmel coach who's son happens to be a 3 star recruit that knows how to win.

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $799
    Carmel has always been well coached, and runs good stuff that's why they win, win, and win.

seadawg likes this.
  5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,201
    I assume you are referring to Scott?

6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $714
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
  8. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    Not a great day for JMM as he finished with 11 during morning and only 7 tonight with limited opportunities in both games.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  9. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Active Member

Money:
    $294
    oh boy...

10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,721
    Carmel is so guard dominant that he doesn’t often get a chance to shine. First game today he did have two nice consecutive flashes to the basket and drew the and one. When Fort Wayne Northrop’s big man sat with fouls (JMM had 2 as well) Carmel coach sat him instead of taking advantage down low. Doesn’t utilize him as much as he could IMO.

bwesson15 and bumba like this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
    He was more of a decoy today but he certainly opened things up for others.

12. Bulter Blue

Bulter Blue New Member

Money:
    $32
    Carmel ran a guard dominated system under Scott Heady and Ryan Osborne is doing the same. This is why AJ Hammons left Carmel. Neither coach has made any significant adjustment to cater to post players.

Zionsville’s experienced coach choose to cover JMM with 3 players in a zone and hoped that Carmel guards would miss open 3s and that didn’t happen. Once Carmel got up and Zionsville came out of the zone Carmel goes into stall ball and plays for only layups and fouls and the guards on his team love drawing those fouls. Without JMM Carmel would not make it out of a sectional and would likely have finished 6-7th in the MIC conference. His presence opens the game for his teammates. Isiah Thompson mentioned as much in the Star article.

The only issue is that by being such a team player and deferring opportunities he may not be growing as rapidly as he otherwise would, but for a kid whose goal is to win a state title he’s so far doing pretty well. We’ll see if it was worth it for him in two weeks.

Bottom line is Butler has found an under rated, great kid who is a winner and an ultimate team player and who has the potential to grow into a legit stretch 4. Sounds like something this year’s dysfunctional team might be able to use moving forward. Give him a year of strength/conditioning and work with Butler coaches and let me know what you think of a sophomore JMM.

DawgPoundMac, BUcheer and estar20dawg like this.
  13. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $799
    JMM will be real good Butler player, he is smart, has good feet, and great hands. I too envision him a stretch 4 and a good one at that

estar20dawg likes this.
  14. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $498
    And those two three point plays were to start the second half, when they were down 8, to immediately get them back in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUcheer likes this.
  15. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
  16. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $211
    I'll say it again....I would take the Carmel coach as either head or an assistant....any day.

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
    Those who have watched JMM play more than I have (which is 3 quarters of this game), do you think he's better suited to play the 4 or 5 in college? I'm inclined to say the 4, which I'm not sure I would have expected before watching.

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $543
    I think he will probably be a perimeter player at BU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. seadawg

Money:
    $3,201
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    Just watched re run of Carmel -Penn. Mulloy is a definite redshirt. Not sure where he will eventually play. Limited jumping ability. Sorry guys but not impressed. If Carmel is one of the top high school teams in the state then what I see is a decline in quality.

jkcdawgs likes this.