John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Doesn't surprise me that Franklin, Newman and Jackson-Davis were finalists for Mr Basketball since they are all heading for either IU or Purdue; but I was very surprised that the kid from New Castle made the final four for consideration. But then again, did anybody notice the final IndyStar rankings of seniors that I believe was in the Sunday Star. They had JMM rated 10th while the three rated just ahead of him were rated way down below him in the 247's rankings. That made no sense at all.

Cranjis McBasketball likes this.
  2. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    The Gannett Star is a joke!

3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749

Not starting tonight .

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    The Kentucky team is terrible, all star games are waste of time. Maybe another state would be an answer, but I doubt it.

5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    Here at the Indiana Kentucky game. Mulloy has been extremely good. 10 points 3 assists, and most of his value comes away from the stat sheet. Midway through the 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    3 times today Mulloy has the put the ball on the deck from the perimeter and beaten his man and had a tough finish high of the glass falling out of bounds. 1 of them was with the right hand. They would be impressive drives and finishes for a guard. You just don’t see many big men who can do it.

BHayden, bwesson15, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    Interesting. Could he be more of a chrab than Fowler then?

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    Excellent to hear. I'm allowing myself to get giddy about this kid from all I've heard. Seems very old school "butler-ish" Just knows how to win and affects the game all around. Nothing eye popping, just wins and is solid.

10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I don’t really know who to compare him to. He’s nowhere skilled as Chrabascz with his back to the basket, but he’s better facing up from the perimeter and attacking off the dribble.

Offensively he’s nothing like Fowler, but defensively I think there are some similarities. Much like Fowler he has excellent positioning but wont be much of a rim protector. I wouldn’t be shocked if he has more charges drawn than blocked shots.

I expect him to be more of role player, but if he develop that 3 point shot I could see him being a star and just feasting off the pick and pop with either the jump shot or the shot fake and drive. I think Butler could potentially run some sets for him the way Wisconsin runs sets for Happ to create off the dribble.

I’m just excited to see how his career develops. Nothing would surprise me. He’s such a unique player that I don’t know how to project him. I hope they redshirt him because I’d love to have him for 5 years, but I’m honestly not convinced he can’t contribute right away, depending on our big situation. He’s so much more polished in terms of understanding the game than Golden was.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653

12. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I don't believe the Statbuster award is the equivalent of the MVP. I think they have just done away with the MVP. The girl who won the Statbuster was in my opinion near the MVP of that game. On another note, not only was I impressed with Mulloy, I also came away impressed with the way LaRavia played. Jackson-Davis is obviously a very good player, but everything he did was within three feet of the basket. Maybe that was the plan to keep him close to the basket, but I'm not sure that he going to be able to do that consistently once he gets to college.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957

I’m not completely sure what the question is. Asking for stats? I think he had 12 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals. I doubt he played over 1/3 of the game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  14. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I meant to say that the girl who won the Statbuster award was nowhere near the MVP of the girls game in my opinion. that would of been Miss Basketball or the 6'5" girl that are both going to IU.

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I didn’t see the girls game. They defined the award as the player who has the biggest impact on his teams performance.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I also really liked LaRavia. He kind of reminded me of Hayward a little bit. Long athlete with a good feel for the game who does a little bit of everything. Indiana State is getting a steal.

DawgPoundMac and willisbrown like this.
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Mulloy played less than 13 minutes and had those stats? Heck of an effort. Jerad yes I didn’t know what Statbuster meant. Now I do.

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I wonder if LaRavia is blossoming late...his recruitment wasn't much yet you're not the first person I've heard that Hayward comparison from who has seen him. Indiana State has to be thrilled to get him. With all 4 of Butler, Purdue, ND, and IU showing no interest (not much at least) I'll be really curious to see how he does at ISU.

19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    LaRavia would indeed be considered a late bloomer. He had a very nice night. Some may doubt JMM's skills but they were on display tonight as he scored with either hand and led the fast break a few times with efficiency. Not too shabby for a 6'10" kid. He did miss 1 shot though.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    I saw the Statbuster defined as “unselfish play” by the organizing body. BU’s getting a good one—smart, unselfish, high character.