John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Jake doesn’t turn 18 until November. If he continues on the same late blooming trajectory he’s been on could easily see him as a transfer candidate.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    His development will be interesting to watch. He could be considered the catalyst for the all-star team. On the other hand, I don't think he can be compared athletically to GH.

3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    We still have an open schollie. It's not too late to decommit!

4. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    I think Jake committed a week before Brunk transferred?

5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    While they tried to convince him to stay up until the very end, the staff knew he was intending to transfer before the season even ended. If they didn’t offer someone because they thought they could keep Brunk they were being delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    We were never interested. Neddingrip (SP?) told a friend of mine at Indy eybl that Butler didn't believe he could keep up defensively and that is why we never showed interest. I don't know how true that is but that was his reasoning for no Butler interest. And I have zero idea how the kid plays D.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Perhaps that is accurate but there was no lack of effort defensively on Jake's part. My question to Jared is, if it was such common knowledge that Brunk would transfer, why was not leaked earlier? Obviously JB had some issues, but actually leaving came as a surprise to many of us ?

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    Or why wasn't he benched/shown the door. I'd rather not have him playing vs have him half assing it out there, being a slack off representative of my university.

9. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Good question? I will admit to noticing some indifference with his play in the last 7 or 8 games but nothing that was eye popping nor evidence that would indicate he intended to transfer. As far as LaRavia is concerned, he does appear to have many intangibles that BU could put to use? Still have to believe JMM was the much better recruit.

10. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    There were several people on here that knew. I actually deleted a few posts and requested that people wait until the end of the season before posting about it. I didn’t want info from here to be the source of a major distraction for the team while they were still playing games. Not that the final games could have gone much worse anyways...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    Yeah, I was told it in early March it was a done deal to transfer and likely it would be IU. I’m sure I didn’t get it immediately, so I’m guessing it was known by some (including team and coaches?) from February or earlier.

Idk how it all works, but it was somehow communicated to Joey he could go there and the desire to make it happen was reciprocated. Now, that doesn’t mean he didn’t listen to others once he opened up (or maybe even before; who knows), but IU was leader by a mile from well before he announced.

12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    Forget about Brunk, he did not want to be here. In a few months we will all see how his play translates in Bloomington, with Davis and Jackson-Davis ahead of him cannot
    see him as a difference maker.

13. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Explanation accepted.

14. El Conquistador

El Conquistador New Member

Money:
    $48
    Butler doesn’t run the pick & pop (or the pick & roll). Haven’t seen that in my memory. Not with Moose, not with Fowler, not with Chrabs. It should go into the playbook with a quick center. Perhaps Smits?

I have spoken.
    (Hello, NSA)

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    [​IMG]

UDDawg likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,477
  17. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    A Butler Bulldog!

18. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    John-Michael might be the most Carmel name of all time.

Happy to have him coming in next season. I think this kid has NBA potential.

19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    If that outside shoot keeps coming along like I believe it is, he has the skill set to be there in the new age NBA a 6'10 stretch 4/5 who can rebound and push it up themselves.

20. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72

Mad_Dawg 48 and estar20dawg like this.