John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,980
    Yea man! I know he can shoot it, will the coaches let it fly?? The form is good, just need the reps and confidence. No reason he couldn't end his career his senior season around 35% form deep

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $206
    Nze/Golden replaces Brunk. JMM/Golden Replaces Fowler, Battle replaces PJ. Not terrible. JMM still going to redshirt? I think he could be productive in the nonconference play but will disappear like McD use to do in BE play.

3. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
    I’m on the train that JMM redshirts this year if we have that luxury. And I actually believe he is more ready to contribute this year than people think. I bet he could play 5ish minutes in spots and play passable defense if needed. But as a 5th year I think he could be really good. I’d rather have him in 2023 than this year.

Still kinda bummed we burned Golden’s redshirt last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg likes this.
  4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,037
    Smits too

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  5. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $206
    Knew i forgot about someone! Thank you... I was worried there for a bit.

6. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $661
    The redshirt decision will be interesting here. It would definitely help, but if the staff thinks he has NBA potential wouldn’t you want him playing right away? If he develops and leaves after 3 or 4 years then it would be a waste.

seadawg likes this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    The problem is playing time. He's skilled and good, but I don't think he's there yet to leap frog Golden or Smits to get much PT. Maybe a couple minutes here and there. Whereas, as a rs freshman and rs sophomore he could be a huge asset.

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,037
    I’d RS him. They’re going to go small more often than they’d go to the 4th big.

9. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,653
    Kinda reminds me of Toni Kukoc.

10. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
    My expectation is basically Andrew Chrabascz level. It’s not really the primary option but if you don’t guard him hes going to take it and knock it in at a rate high enough to hurt you.

DawgPoundMac and estar20dawg like this.
  11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,687
    Look at Kelly Olynyk. His redshirt did wonders for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,944
    Hold my beer....... ya’all that are putting JMM in the NBA need to take a step back, no 2 steps back. I graduated from Carmel High and I’m very proud to have this Greyhound commit to Butler. But the things you see him doing well on film or TV were 1) against high school players that are much shorter and 2) in an all-star game where defense is not practiced. I see potential. I can say for sure no one will out hustle this young man. But he needs meat and muscle on those bones. He needs big man coaching..... something many of you have complained is lacking on this staff. I will be a little disappointed if he does not red-shirt. I think he needs that extra year. I doubt this is a Hayward situation where they already think he has NBA potential. I’d be very happy if he was a more agile Andrew Smith with a 35% 3-point accuracy. If he’s a 16 and 8 guy after his sophomore year then start talking the next level. Just be happy he’s a Bulldog. Maybe, MAYBE we got a steal!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,872
    I agree with most of this, other than the comment about no defense being played in the All-Star game (this is not a typical all star game, the teams actually practiced together and everything and pressed the entire game). I don’t see Mulloy as a future NBA player. Hopefully that ends up in the cold takes thread some day, but I just don’t see it happening.

BHayden likes this.
  14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,370
    NBA talk is certainly premature and just silly. I fully expect JMM to be redshirted but I would not be totally shocked if he's not.

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,872
    I think JMM will be better suited for minutes as a true freshman than Golden was last season. My hope is that Golden takes a big jump forward and Mulloy gets redshirted, but if Golden isn’t ready for minutes it wouldn’t shock me to see JMM jump him.

NCJon and BHayden like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    I too thought Golden should have redshirted but it apparently he didn’t want to. The kid has a motor and wants to play. If anything he needs to temper his aggressiveness. We desperately need rebounders and he may be an answer.

17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    Agree with Stax, I'm intrigued by him but let's slow the boat. Also agree that we want to see the RS because the kid probably needs to add to the physical package he has so he can compete in the big east, but that also shows LJ is comfortable with the 3 bigs in front of him, which means Golden has taken at least a semi step forward.

We're going to like what this kid brings to the table, but patience will be key. Groom him this year to slide into the open big spot vacated by Smits after the season. It doesn't look like we're on any 2020 bigs except Coles. JMM's time will come and he will be counted on for a decent work load as soon as 20-21.

18. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,944
    Jarod, I didn’t see much defense out of Kentucky!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 likes this.
  19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,370
    I didn't much of anything out of the KY boys in Saturday's game.