John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,286
    Solid foundation for the class, now let's get some more offers out there...
    Because the way I see it, we don't have any other 2019 offers out there

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,219
    Anybody got any video of him from this year? or over the AAU season, doesn't seem to be a lot out there

3. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $471
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,831
    What is Sterling talking about when it comes to Sean McDermott? He must not read this board.

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,711
    Maybe he knows more than some the board???

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,831
    You think?

7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    I try not to. If stupid could fly I'd be a jet.

NCJon and BUStudent like this.
  8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,253
    A few on this board are going to be surprised by McDermott's play this season, that red shirt year has done wonders.

9. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Nice job Vall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,023
    I saw this kid play live last year. I've made a few posts in this thread, but I'll try to make a few more observations when I get time. Heading tomorrow to Chicago for a weekend wedding I'm in.

Seriously... who the **** gets married on a fall Saturday?!

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    Um...I got married on a fall Saturday. The bar area had games on the entire time the reception hall was open so no one felt like they were missing anything other than during our ceremony. One of the reasons I knew I married the right woman is that she had absolutely no problem with it.

I've liked what I've heard from and about JMM so far in terms of his work ethic and how Butler just felt like the right place for him, so why wait things out. If he's working out at St. Vincent 4 times a week in addition to whatever workouts his high school might have going on, he'll keep getting better. In the long run, he's going to be a good guy to have in the locker room, regardless if he winds up being a superstar on the court.

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,155
    Shot 80%+ from the free throw line as a 6' 9" high school sophomore and is reasonably athletic already (from the few highlights I can find on youtube).

Totally support this on those bases alone. If he can get stronger and can get his range out to 20 feet (again - the free throw numbers are really promising), he could be a really valuable guy to pair with a true center down the road.

13. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    Local, lefty and his game at this stage, reminds me of KB of IU who I watched as sophomore at Hinkle in the state tourney. Lots of potential....

14. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,540
    It is exceedingly rare for big American kids to have a developed low and/or high post game before the age of 20, so his development/trajectory is by no means abnormal. His size and shooting touch are promising. No problems with this whatsoever.

15. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,286
    KB of IU? Like Kory Barnett comp???
    [​IMG]

16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,006
    I know alot of us haven't seen him play but I wonder if Val sees him developing into a player like Mitch Mcgary? Sounds like he is trying to develop his outside GM more.

17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    JMM has more skills that Mitch at this stage IMO.

NCJon and cornette33 like this.
  18. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $294
    Not only did McGary have offers from basically everyone, he weighed 250 pounds. You could pretty much just randomly select anyone who's ever played college basketball if that's the proxy you are going to make. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2012/mitch-mcgary-20198 --- That's shade different than Miami of Ohio and Toledo. Don't get me wrong, I love MACtion though

19. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    McGary was 6'6" 19o as a freshmen in HS. JMM has time to grow, not that I would expect him reach 247 lbs. by the time he gets to BU.

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I see we're doing that thing again where we draw NBA comps again for a player we've never seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Ignatius J. Reilly and BHayden like this.