John-Michael Mulloy - 2019 Center (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    My favorite thing about that photo is the grin on Christian’s face and Emerson’s low key “how about that” smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden likes this.
  2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    David looks like he bulked up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BoyGeoff likes this.
  3. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $51
    JMM has hit the weights like crazy. Twice the shoulders that he had last fall. The kid seems very driven, which can only help improve the locker room.

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,263
    Prediction: Mulloy will be an impact player at Butler before he is finished!

5. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,507
    QUOTE="Red1972, post: 177520, member: 14861"]Prediction: Mulloy will be an impact player at Butler before he is finished![/QUOTE]

Well he definitely has potential. Can't teach height and aggression, and he has both. Still he's never going to be a power player with his back to the basket. Which is why is needs to be coached up with some REAL post moves to complement his short and mid-range game around the bucket. Staff track record on post development.....questionable at best.

beezer16 likes this.
  6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Between Matthew Johnson and a nutrition plan, JMM is going to show some dramatic physical improvement. Was told he is just cramming the calories in. Wasn’t a breakfast person before but is now eating all day long.

estar20dawg likes this.
  7. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,263
    Have to agree with Baddog, Butler needs a coach on staff that can teach post moves, we do not have that person at this time. See Fowler and Brunk.

Tedward likes this.
  8. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
    Coach O was touted for his ability to develop bigs, by LaVall, when he hired him. Brunk showed some signs early in the year, but they were both complete mismatches for what LaVall is trying to do. Definitely show me time for Lowery, et al.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden and bmradio99 like this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Regardless whether JMM is redshirted or not, I think many on here are selling him short. He was vastly ahead of both Golden and Brunk in terms of fundamentals and basketball IQ. BU has a very mobile player, who can run the court, with the lateral quickness to defend. He has the potential to become a outside shooting threat. The enthusiasm he has will be evident early on. Developing some inside "go to moves" will greatly enhance his game in the future. He should not be a forgotten player.

Shimmy, DawgPoundMac and MBA2003 like this.
  10. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,078
    I personally don’t care too much about his back to the basket moves. I know there are plenty of people who don’t like this, but I’d rather him work more on his shooting, attacking off the dribble, and finishing aggressively at the rim. I think if you recruit a guy with a unique skill set like JMM and then try to develop him like a traditional big you are losing sight of what he can bring.

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Certainly no argument here. JMM can defend the post but facing the basket is his strength offensively considering his passing ability. This should open the floor up for others.

MBA2003 and Jared Grubbs like this.
  12. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    Agreed. It sounds like LaVall’s offense is geared toward a Euro-style play. A face up center who can stretch the floor and defend will fit the offense well.

With the right pieces, it works well. Look at the US against the rest of the teams in this year’s FIBA tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUcheer likes this.