John Poulakidas - 2021 Shooting Guard (Offered)

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by Mr X, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $213

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    Top 15 2021 according to Scotty Burgess

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,606
    I think Burgess only covers Illinois, from what I'm seeing. So he's Top 15 in Illinois.

bumba likes this.
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,099
    John Poulakidas was at least, I think. Might be more but I haven't been able to investigate much.

estar20dawg likes this.
  7. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $705
    Thanks

8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
    John Poulakidas making an outstanding first impression. 8 points in the first 3 minutes against Indy Heat 2021. He’s been extremely aggressive attacking the rim which I wasn’t expecting. I like this Young and Reckless squad. They are up 10 early.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,099
    Definitely in agreement with Jared on Poulakidas. I was really interested in seeing more of him this weekend and he showed a lot when we watched. Far more aggressive off the bounce than I would have expected and is quite crafty. Ball handling is already relatively tight as well. Admittedly, though, he’s tough to match up with at this level due to his size (6-foot-6 at least) so I second that seeing him against tougher teams might have been nice. Either way, he was impressive and I’m definitely on board. Butler is in contact, as are a number of schools around the nation.

cornette33 likes this.
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255

11. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    Wow who is this dude? Seems like a beats bumba. Okay I gotta admit I love he work Lavall and Omar are doing!!

12. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $661
    John Poulakidas - 2021 Shooting Guard

[​IMG]

6’5” - 180lbs
    Neuqua Valley HS - Young & Reckless
    Naperville, IL

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  13. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $661
  14. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $661

Seems like the staff is currently only offering in-state 2021’s, but I’d imagine Poulakidas would be one of the first out-of-state offers.

15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,099
    It was reported yesterday that Poulakidas is unofficially visiting campus on June 10th. I asked him today and that is indeed the case. I think this will be his second time on campus in the last few months. I think he’d be a great snag due to his offensive skill and defensive effort. He can fill it.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $871
    So this is his second unofficial to Butler. Saying that because of what is on the first post of this thread. Obviously an offer should be coming when he comes. Also beatable list.

seadawg likes this.
  17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    He's been to multiple games, including Senior Day if I remember right. It sounds like there's more than average interest here.

18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $871
    Well close to home. Naperville is not too far from me. Wonder if he will get more offers from other schools. Looks like UIC and SIU are the only ones who have offered. Iowa I don't think has.

19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,980
    He's got definite upside, still growing, hasn't filled out yet. Has the feel and look of a top 100 at the worst top 150. Offense definitely top 100. Good shot creator and big shot taker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  20. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,099
    Definitely a high-level scorer with the ability to fill it up either with the ball or in catch-and-shoot situations. I would also say (and I think Jared would agree) that although not a tremendous defend, he seems to put forth a lot of effort on that end and has plenty of size. Should only improve there but it’s sometimes hard to teach putting in effort.

bwesson15 and cornette33 like this.