Jordan Tucker - Forward - Duke Transfer (Signed)

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $1,384
    Georgetown's really the only other one I know of. Several ACC schools were in on him, but they may have the same agreement that the Big East has where you can't transfer within your conference.

cornette33 likes this.
  2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,104
    I didn’t even know it was possible to take OV’s to transfer. I guess you get 5 no matter the circumstance. Hopefully no other schools get involved.

3. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Active Member

Money:
    $3,156
    If it's between us and Georgetown, and like the fact that:
    a) We won and Georgetown lost
    b) Kelan, who plays the same position as Tucker, went off for 37. You can say, "See Kelan? Come be our Kelan."
    c) We're a damn good school and if he wants to play next year, he has to choose soon

Mad_Dawg 48 and dippper61 like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,476
    I see he only played one year in Georgia and before that he was in White Plains, New York so cold weather is not a culture shock. Hope this young man picks Butler.

dippper61 likes this.
  5. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $135
    Can all the LaVall recruiting haters go away until at least August when we land Tucker?? Please?

BHayden and DawgsMD like this.
  6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $1,384
    I'll never be nearly as confident as you on this one, but all LaVall can do is put Butler in a position to get him and hopefully Jordan Tucker likes what Butler has to offer. I liked the atmosphere tonight despite the weather, and hopefully he enjoyed himself and feels comfortable with the guys, coaches and school.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $8,476
    Who hates LJ?

bumba likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $8,476
    Have to assume he enjoyed the game, the atmosphere and being in the locker room after the game.

9. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $182
    Why do we have to wait till august?! Ha

10. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $182
    Also would a potential commit from him effect David and his chances next yr? Obviously want them both to play

11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Active Member

Money:
    $3,156
    If he’s ready, he’ll still play a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Hinkle likes this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,347
    Lots of minutes up for grabs at the forward spots. Even if Tucker were to play 30+ at forward, there’s still ~50 minutes up for grabs between CD, SM and Baddley at the forward spots.

Ignatius J. Reilly likes this.
  13. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 New Member

Money:
    $44
    Totally pumped!!! Hope all works out! Sounds like we had close to 9000 in attendance. If we land him huge get and would be the highest rated recruit to ever commit to butler. Number fourty on espn 100 2017! Very exciting!!!! Go dawgs!!!!

14. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,244
    Not to mention Baddley can play the 2 some as well.

15. Albick

Albick Active Member

Money:
    $252
    Interesting quote in the DW article on Tucker's visit: "If Tucker enrolled at Butler next week, he would be eligible for second semester next season and be a sophomore in eligibility." I wonder if he wants to be eligible to play second semester next year with two more to follow or would prefer to sit out a year and have three left. (Isn't that how it would work?) If he does plan to play during the second semester next season, we should know quickly whether he'll be coming to Butler.

Hinkle likes this.
  16. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,328
    Typically, when somebody announces so early they are transferring, it's to get enrolled for spring and play the following conference season. Otherwise, why leave a team early?

This a perfect situation for Tucker. I'd hoped Butler would get involved but wasn't optimistic. Hopefully Tucker sees a great fit and clicks with the guys and Coaches.

I've said it before, but how can you not want to play alongside Kamar for a couple seasons?

joliebeth23 and cornette33 like this.
  17. beezer16

beezer16 Member

Money:
    $60
    Not sure if it matters but classes at Georgetown started on the 10th...[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,347
    I'm almost certain the plan would be to sit the first month this coming season and begin play in mid-December. Remember, they can begin playing when the first semester ends (mid-December) - not when the second semester begins (early- to mid-January)....(I'm pretty sure, anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

He'd miss the early season tournament, which sucks, but he'd get to play much more than half the season and certainly the bulk of the most meaningful games (Crossroads, conference play, conference tournament, and whatever comes after that).

19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $735
    David was considered a SG out of high school so I think he can be versatile where he plays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,347
    Hate myself for this but I’m gonna post anyway:

Tucker now follows Butler Basketball on Instagram. There are no other school follows I️ saw, other than Duke.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    BHayden, Shimmy, mwall787 and 2 others like this.