Jordan Tucker - Forward - Duke Transfer (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 11, 2018.

1. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $521
    Yeah. Too harsh. Looks like he was close to 75%.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,223
    My rough count is 53/75 for 70.7%.

I don't know the reference point for what's "good" in a shooting drill like this when you're wide open.

And yes, I know this probably makes me look weird for counting, but I'm just starved for actual basketball content lol.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    In 3pt shooting contest, They hardly shoot 50% I believe... Which that is more pressure and slightly more fast pace than this video but still

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,389
    That’s absolutely solid, but I agree that it seemed weird to be tweet worthy. It was pretty fast paced shooting, but I guarantee you he’s had better drills. Weren’t there some of Kellen Dunham having 90% shooting performances in shooting drills?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

UDDawg likes this.
  5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,052
    McD may have had 46 straight, or something like that, last summer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,451
    I can remember one from Rotnei Clarke after a game I think we won where he had the automated ball retriever under the net and was shooting late into the night. I don't know how many he made in a row but it was impressive. The ones I remember from Kellen seemed like he was always firing up quick shots off the pick-and-roll with chairs on the court in a few different places.

7. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $436
    not a bad trio: 2 Jordans (Tucker & Nwora) 72633439_10158961893829745_6837851255381950464_n.jpg
    and a Hamilou

8. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,824
    TBT:

Someone may have already answered this question, but.....
    Will Tucker be eligible on the first day of Winter break, or after they return from break?

9. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $435
    Going to move current JT vs LJ discussion here, because hey i like a little forum housekeeping, and i feel like this is gonna be one we talk about game in and game out.

Pop quiz, name me one current NBA player who was a double transfer?

Answer: I don't know the answer but I bet it's one or less. Meaning either we (and he) put the JT-to-NBA discussion to bed or he's at Butler for the rest of this year and next year to increase his NBA chances (i personally dont think they are very high but it's his best shot).

Thus, LJ coaches knowing that he's got to get JT at that next level by end of this year so that he can let him loose next year. If that means yanking him every dumb mistake so that he has a BE 1st team type of year in 2020-2021 then by all means do it. Clearly he is neither NBA nor BE 3rd team at the moment so coach the hell out of him. Nothing I've seen from JT thus far in his career would make me do otherwise and I've a feeling it's gonna pay off for both JT and LJ.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Butler Hoops mobile app

Insane Dawg likes this.
  10. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $435
    And for the record i think he is an avg to slightly above avg BE player at the moment. But aside from battle he's got the highest upside of any player on our roster so I'm sayin there's a chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,346
    Jordan has come a long way since last season, by next year he will be one of the better players in the Big East.

12. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $521
    Bulldawg, Sidd Finch, NCJon and 6 others like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,420
    I don’t know what Tucker’s NBA aspirations or potential are. To me the NBA is mostly threes and dunks. If you can sky you have a chance otherwise you better be able to shoot threes. Tucker’s jump shot form is almost picture perfect but he is not an explosive dunker. His ability to get to the rim and finish is considerably better this year as is his defense. He can become an elite three point shooter but it is up to him.

bobbu64 and znelson15 like this.
  14. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Why not make the dunk a one point shot--it doesn't take that much skill. I tire of watching highlights that are virtually all dunks.

tlp63 likes this.
  15. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $87
    He is above average offensively and athletically for sure, with even higher potential....but his defense is still pretty awful. His close outs out are always either too late or he overcommits and gets blown by, he’s not great on the ball and the most damning thing is his team defense just creates gaps and issues others have to try and cover for. A hobbled (less athletic even when healthy) McDermott, playing correct position team defense was considered a better late game option than Tucker....that says something to me. Hope he figures it out and he surely is better than last year...but until he can figure out the defensive end his minutes will continue to be waaaay lower than his skill level and potential indicate they should be. I did like the fact that he admitted last year he had never had any interest in playing defense or put much effort into it historically....good first step, but some ground to make up and habits to break.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops