Jordan Tucker

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Hinkle Magic2, Nov 18, 2018.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,543
    Brunk-Tucker-McD = best frontcourt hair.

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,263
    I could be getting too paranoid, but you're not hinting at something are you? Because the below quote from LaVall in Adam Zagoria's story caught my eye. Is there a chance he doesn't play?

“He’ll be in uniform,” Butler coach LaVall Jordan said Thursday by phone. “I think everybody will probably see him in uniform. We’ll see how the game goes. He’s practiced well, but jumping out there in a game will be a whole different environment.”

Article link - http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/12/13/with-duke-behind-him-jordan-tucker-ready-to-debut-for-butler/

3. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $680
    Read that also, and makes me think they are going to ease him in. Maybe 4-5 minutes each half.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559
    If he plays good enough that we need him on the court, he'll earn his own minutes. I do like the idea of a bigger lineup though, especially if he can contribute anything at the 4.

5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    No no no. I don’t mean to scare you. Lavall’s quote definitely raised my eyebrows too but I don’t think he’d say it if it was meant to be an indictment.

I meant to say that I think a lot of fans are too casual of fans to be really aware that we have a Transfer making his debut or that we have a Duke transfer, or at least be aware of what the expectations could or should next.

Maybe I’m off base but it’s amazing how much I hear stuff around my seats that suggest that most people don’t really know all that much about our players.

ChiDawg3 and UDDawg like this.
  6. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,064
    If it doesn’t make the discussion table at MCL, it’s like a tree falling in the forest when nobody is around to 35% of the fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Hey don’t knock mcl, they always hosted our post season team parties when I was in school and their green beans were spectacular.

Also, who can forget the Trey for a tray promotion?

8. tlp63

tlp63 Member

Money:
    $117
    That's why I follow butlerhoops.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,543

My man digs them skibbies...

10. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $418
    My theory, based on zero evidence, is that LaVall is sandbagging and Tucker will get significant minutes and positively affect the outcome. I think worst case scenario is we get to throw in a player that IU has no scouting report on which causes some havoc for their defense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba and Danville Bulldog like this.
  11. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,453
    Lets hope IU is watching our board...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,131
    I alluded to it in one of many other Jordan Tucker threads we have had - an aside: Has there ever been a player that generated more threads before he ever took the court for Butler? - but I think some of you have created unrealistic expectations for the young man.

I truly hope he is the next greatest Bulldog ever and that he lights IU up today. But if the kid only plays 5 to 10 minutes and has a modest stat line, I'm not going to be disappointed, either.

This situation reminds me an awful lot of Tyler Lewis' transfer. He was a very good player for Butler, but never lived up to the crazy expectations some people had set for him.

Just glad we'll (hopefully) finally get to see him play for Butler today.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559
    Cody Zeller on the other board. Jackson Davis & Trevon had monster threads.

14. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $246
    McD looks like Beeker.

willisbrown and BUcheer like this.
  15. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $246
    pjohnsto2003 and willisbrown like this.
  16. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,634
    If the team is absolutely empty from deep, we might see Tucker get some meaningful minutes. Not expecting much otherwise. I'd guess at least Joey, Baddley and David are ahead of him on the depth chart today.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,543
  18. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    Someone call the Wooden committee, Tucker has already hit 50% of last year's point total in just 8 minutes.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,790
    Hoping to see 20 minutes from JT tomorrow night.

20. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,910
    Seriously. This is a game where he should get a LOT of burn to practice real-time defensive rotations. The Blue Hose do not actually live up to the awesomeness of their nickname and do, in fact, suck. Great time to have JT get a bunch of minutes. KenPom #291 Jacksonville just dropped 94 on them in a win, so building an early cushion will be beneficial.