Jordan Tucker

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Hinkle Magic2, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
    Hoping Tucker takes David's minutes. We could use a big scorer off the bench.

dippper61 likes this.
  2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,406
    Would really like to see extended CD time here as well. I haven't followed him as closely as some, but I have noticed that he get 2-3 minute spurts (if lucky) and that he usually is pulled if any mistake is made. In a game like this, just let him go. I doubt that a few mistakes by CD will cost Butler the game tomorrow. But the upside would be huge, if he could get some confidence.

3. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    If he doesn't get 15 or more minutes tomorrow I might actually be concerned.

4. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,406
  5. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,406
    Cold take, please.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Hinkle likes this.
  6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,040
    I was encouraged to see him driving the ball. Hope this continues as I was worried about 1 dribble 3s. Rebounding has been pretty good, though I have seen a lack of boxout more than I would like. Seems to be working at the defensive end, but needs to improve. I am growing more optimistic about his grit/toughness/attitude but we won't really know until tough moments are faced. Also watching closely to see if he embraces his teammates or, somehow, separates himself from them.

All signals, thus far, have appeared positive. If he can fully embrace our culture and winning basketball play, we just got a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $262
    How soon does Tucker move into the starting lineup? A starting 5 of Brunk, Tucker, McD, Baldwin & AT would be killer and a bench of PJ, Fowler, CD & Baddley would be very potent. Just wait until JT scores 30+ in a BE game and the Dukies are like- "This guy was on our team last year????"

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,165
    He better be starting soon.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  9. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $228
    I like Brad Stevens consistent comments about his starting 5 during his tenure and his resistance to change them. “It matters more who finishes the game, than who starts.”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BU_NeonHat, Tark43, DawgFan and 8 others like this.
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,520
    I have been really impressed with Tucker playing within the system. I am hard pressed to think of any of his shots so far that were “selfish” or not good, open looks.

You can tell he’s looking to pass if it’s not there. And he looks like a very natural rebounder, something that is hard to teach. Happy to have two-plus years with him.

Tentozen likes this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,165
    It is pleasant to see him very much in flow and slowed down within the offense. He could easily be wildly aggressive. But he's taken a very patient approach. Also he attacks the glass for the boards. Great to see.

12. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef New Member

Money:
    $15
    JT gonna be a BEAST

13. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,445
    What I like about JT is that once he decides to attack, he attacks with purpose. He’s going to really help this team get to the line, and hopefully make the mentality of other guys (McD, David, etc) more willing to drive as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $646
    I have been impressed (surprised) with his rebounding. Had not heard much about that being a part of his game. Watching him the other night, he was quick to get into position, and really quick to get off the floor.

15. jvoigt

jvoigt Member

Money:
    $92
    What I like most about JT is he's a forward! Right now we play a 4 guard starting lineup and our 6th man is Henry Baddley who's also a guard.

I fear we're not going to change this rotation in the near future (and playing Sean McDermott as a power forward is a losing proposition). FYI, Sean McDermott is just about my favorite player on this year's team, but it irks me that he plays out of position.

We now have 2 players available that weren't available a couple of weeks ago. We've got 6' 7" 215 pound JT and 6' 9" 250 pound Bryce Golden. If we don't start playing them more we're going to get pounded inside and on the glass by Big East teams that play much bigger lineups than we do. Marquette for instance starts the Hauser brothers who are 6' 8" and 6' 9" along with a center. Villanova doesn't play "small ball" this year. Georgetown plays big guys and so do DePaul, Providence and Seton Hall.

We we want to compete for a Big East title we need a bigger lineup than we're currently playing and I just don't see us switching quick enough (to bigger lineups) to compete for the Big East title this year (next year watch out cause we do have the forwards to compete for the conference title).

Tentozen likes this.
  16. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,859
    McD is not a guard. In no universe do you want him guarding another teams gaurds. I consider him a SF in an ideal lineup.

Tark43, estar20dawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,165
    Yep...a good wing for this team. Not a 4 and surely not a guard.

The other thing about Tucker is he has ok handles. He could draw out a 4 man to clear things up on O for the guards.

troggy likes this.
  18. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,859
    I think it will improve as he settles in, but the one thing the concerned me is how often he was losing the ball when driving into the lane, and him falling on his rear gave me flashbacks of Kelan spinning through the lane doing his hero ball thing.

Tucker has yet to find a way to finish through the contact, but I think he will in time. Obviously limited sample size. Regardless, I'll take him drawing fouls and getting his points on the line, because nobody else can manage to draw fouls.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,165
    Yeah I think (small sample like you said) it's about settling in and live action. He has it, but going up against d 1 types ain't something we roll out of bed and do. When he does get more comfortable taking it in...he's going to be dynamite. I'm intrigued to see him against Florida's athletes.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,165
    Check out the ugly sweater party tweets from LaVall. Tucker claims he won.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We had a great time celebrating the Holidays together tonight. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Family?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Family</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoDawgs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#GoDawgs</a> <a href="https://t.co/2t6rqxMZ2N">pic.twitter.com/2t6rqxMZ2N</a></p>&mdash; Butler Basketball (@ButlerMBB) <a href="">December 28, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>