Josh Heath - 2013 Guard (USF)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
    [align=center][size=large]Josh Heath[/size]
    2013 Point Guard - 6'1" 160 lbs
    Tampa Preparatory School - Tampa, FL
    AAU: Southeast Basketball Academy (SEBA)

[​IMG]

ESPN Profile (86)
    MaxPreps Profile

Offers: No known offers[/align]

2. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    Josh Heath - 2013 Guard

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/tampa-prep-boys-basketball-team-eager-to-get-things-started/

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109
    RE: Josh Heath 2013 Guard

Thanks for the post Nildogg. Here are just a few quick scouting reports I found on him as well:

SEBA Showcase Recap

Florida Tournament Recap (May 2011)

Each of those links have quick hits on Morgan as well. You can also see a low quality video of Heath below as well. There is another one there of the Tampa Prep team that might be worth watching for both Heath and Morgan but I couldn't get it to load, so I'm not sure what is there.

Josh Heath Video - MaxPreps

4. Joelwhyrock

Joelwhyrock New Member

Money:
    $5
    RE: Josh Heath 2013 Guard

We've really established a pipeline in Central Florida. It's nice to see our footprint growing across the country. Indiana is obviously fertile ground for recruits but in the long run, the wider the pool is, the better for Butler.

5. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    RE: Josh Heath - 2013 Guard

I can't find stats for the first 2 games, but Tampa Prep is 3-0 and Heath had 16 points in a 60-48 win over Seminole last night, just 1 point less than teammate and future Bulldog Devontae Morgan.

They play again tomorrow night (11/30) at home against Hudson. The game says it can be watched LIVE via webcast on www.TLStv.com

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109

As with Morgan, I've added the link to Heath's MaxPreps profile that has all of his stats thus far. 13.3 points (58%), 5.3 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals a game through 3 games.

I'm also going to have to try out that live webcast tonight. Thanks for the link.

7. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $436

I'm watching the game and at halftime Heath has 6 points and couple assists but he has had 3 turnovers so far and probably should have had a couple more.

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,109

Yeah, it's hard to tell when it's almost more of a practice than a game, but Heath isn't someone I get really excited about. He's made some nice plays, but he doesn't appear to be in the same class as Morgan really. He's probably a mid major player. Still has 2 years of high school left to improve though, a lot can change.

9. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $436

Looks like he'll finish with 13 points after barely playing in the second half. I half to agree with Butlerway's assessment though he had a couple of nice passes but there were also a lot other moments where he forced some bad passes. He also doesn't appear to be a very good shooter and he's no where near as active on defense as Morgan is. He'll be playing division 1 ball somewhere I don't think he'll ever get an offer from Butler considering the other players we are looking at.

10. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289

Unbeaten Tampa Prep tops Mooney in semi-finals

11. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623

Think Adonis Rwabigwi is Morgan's relevant teammate.