Josh Reed - 2022 Wing (Cincinnati)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Ster8462, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $814
    Saw we offered Josh Reed 6’6” SF out of Georgia. Depends which 247 you use he is borderline 3/4 star. 2022 recruiting class.

DawgPoundMac and bumba like this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,411
    Reminds me a ton of a lefty Kelan, excellent rebounder and excellent long range shooter, athletic still developing/growing seen some say he's a legit 6'7 now, seems like an ideal 2/3 in the Big East. Say he's super high IQ, values education probably why you see schools like Northwestern going hard at him

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,229
    Not sure why this isn't getting more run. Tremendous looking prospect. Offer list is long and healthy but maybe there's some traction. Pace Academy is a good name for academics down here.

4. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,003
    Those highlights do remind me of Kelan.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,058
    He's one of my top wants in this class. We have had some pretty good luck with lefties out of Georgia too...

Not to mention he values academics and has a high basketball IQ. Screams Butler to me, push hard LJ!

znelson15 and Tentozen like this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
  7. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,763
    Been a pretty quiet recruitment here, but Butler really likes him. He's already visited Northwestern and has visits set up with the other three as well. They are working out a time for him to get to Indy still.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,229
    Surprised UGA isn't in his top 5...but I'll take it. Hopefully we can get him on campus soon and lock it up. He plays about...30 minutes or so south of me so if there's traction it'll be easy to take in a couple games.

znelson15, iluvsnow and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
    Signing Reed & Kebba would help replace Johnson & Coles. I'd be more than happy with that scenario. Reed definitely looks high major on video.

znelson15 and BoyGeoff like this.
  10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,202
    I would guess the staff has been showing Josh a lot of Kelan Martin footage. Very similar in a short video I watched.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Nville Dog likes this.
  11. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $3,202
    From what I've read, there was a feeling that Northwestern and Boston College were leading for Josh. Evidently, he canceled his BC visit so this one could also be drifting away toward Northwestern.

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
  13. Ster8462

Money:
    $814
    Would be interesting to know if we really were ever under consider or whether he just listed us in his Top 5. Again if he is a 2/3 I am not overly distraught on missing on him. If he can play the 4 immediately then I am distraught.

WE NEED BIGS BUT WHEN YOU MISS ON THE ONLY DECENT 4/5 that likely could play as a Frosh and hold his own at the 4/5 you go the transfer route. Not ideal but it is what it is.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
    Losing another top recruit to another brand new HC is a really average look for LJ.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,229
    I don't think we "lost" him to anyone.

16. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $3,202
    Can't disagree. That's 3 in a row, I believe.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
    Penn State, George Mason, Boston College and potentially Cincinnati.

18. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,763
    Butler was never as seriously involved for Fernandez or Reed as you guys are indicating. Butler really liked Reed earlier in the summer, but adjusted priorities a while back (see Lukosius, Simas).

19. Ster8462

Money:
    $814
    Kind off thought this might be the case, hence at 6’6” he may grow into being able to play some 4 in college but not likely his freshmen year so with Lukosius, Taylor, and Thomas as capable of playing the 3 I didn’t see him as a big priority and likely it wasn’t even a commitable offer any longer but most guys put final 5 list out so we were listed.

20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,058
    You guys are putting a lot of blame on LJ for these recruiting "losses" and I'm not sure it's fair. A lot of these kids want to play right away and we simply won't have the minutes available for them to do so. If Simas was allowed to be ranked by 247, etc. then I imagine he could have ended up as a top 50 recruit.

I'm all for the transfer route if that's the path we have to take. As long as you mix in a few freshmen with tremendous potential then it doesn't hurt in my opinion. After we have a few more highly relevant years then maybe you start becoming a destination school.

Ster8462, znelson15 and Shane Davis like this.