Justyn Fernandez - 2022 Wing (George Mason)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by willisbrown, Jul 13, 2021.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    We just offered Justyn Fernandez. Out of VA.

bumba, TheDawgDub95 and seadawg like this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    "DC Premier's Justyn Fernandez could be on the brink of a breakout

Justyn Fernandez is one prospect who has been stirring some buzz as of late and after his performance tonight against Canada Elite, it might not be long until his recruitment really takes off. The 6-foot-5, 200-pound wing out of Lynchburg (Va.) Virginia Episcopal School lived in the paint, punished the rim and made a lasting impression on all those in attendance.

Fernandez is a tremendous athlete who is aggressive and confidence off the bounce. He consistently got by his man, pushed the ball in the open floor, getting to the rim and putting together multiple highlight reel plays finishing well above the rim.

While he is an excellent slasher he also made shots out to three and showcased his versatility on the defensive end of the floor.

With his performance tonight, Fernandez is going to be one player who I will continue to keep a close eye on this weekend, and am sure college coaches will do the same.

Recruitment: Fernandez has recently landed offers from Arizona State, Seton Hall, Oregon State, Clemson, Boston College and George Washington amongst others."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Shimmy, bumba, BoyGeoff and 3 others like this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    Scooby 2.0?

4. bicknob

bicknob Active Member

Money:
    $220
    He'll be playing at Grand Park this weekend. Hoping to see him play live. I'd imagine he'll be on campus at some point this week as well!

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  5. bicknob

bicknob Active Member

Money:
    $220
    So I saw him play the first two games of the day on Friday. He is definitely an elite athlete already. He dominated the first game of the day. The second, his touch around the rim was a bit off. He missed a few contested layups that he was hitting in the first game. I didn't see anything on him visiting campus this weekend, but maybe that will come out later this week.

Overall, still a top priority get for me. He seems like he'll be able to play 2-4 with ease at the college level.

seadawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    Was he able to get where he wanted to go with the dribble?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. bicknob

bicknob Active Member

Money:
    $220
    First game definitely. Second game against stronger competition not as much. In the second game he picked up 2 quick fouls in the first quarter and continued to be in foul trouble so it was hard to get a gauge on his game in that one.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    Announcing his top ten today...I don't think (at least haven't heard) any traction here so who knows. Been quiet but I'd love to see us stay involved and make the list.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  10. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $791
    Didn’t make his Top 10. Totally East Coast including George Mason. Tennessee is as far west as he made it!!

11. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,011
  12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273