Kamar Baldwin - 2016 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,253
    [align=center]Kamar Baldwin
    2016 Shooting Guard - 6'2" 175 lbs
    Apalachee High School - Winder, Georgia
    AAU: Atlanta Celtics

[​IMG]

Scout Profile
    Rivals Profile
    247 Sports Profile

Offers: Butler, Clemson, Ole Miss, Providence [/align]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
  2. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $125
    Never seen that name either, but a google search shows that we are apparently in his top 3. LOL. Also Clemson and Ole Miss. 6'2 PG from Georgia. Here's a Rivals article where he discusses his top 3, but I'm not a subscriber. https://usf.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1074&script=/content.asp&cid=1768575

Anyone got anything on this??

3. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
  4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,428
    Baldwin is a Rivals 150 (124th overall) and has offers from both Clemson and Ole Miss. We haven't offered him (supposedly), but we are in his top three.

https://sports.yahoo.com/usf/basketball/recruiting/player-Kamar-Baldwin-170013

Interesting...very interesting...I'm not saying he's going to be our 2016 PG, but there's a lot going on here. It might mean a lot that we (ButlerHoops) know nothing about his recruitment.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $955
    To me he's more of a 2 guard than a 1, but he's definitely a guy that can create on his own, which is needed in the Big East. He is listed on the list of targets on ESPN's recruiting bible that came out today, so it is possible that Butler is waiting to see where things might go with Walker or Goodin possibly before extending him a formal offer.

6. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,428
    Baldwin's a lefty according to Twitter. I want to learn more about this kid.

7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,284
    How big of a deal is it that we're in his top three without having offered him?

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,116
    247 sports reflects no offers for Baldwin and Verbal Com shows only Clemson. Ranked at 102 by 247. Doesn't make sense that he only has offers from Clemson and maybe Ole Miss.

9. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $192
    Is it possible that he has an offer from Butler but it hasn't been publicized? Would definitely be atypical, I admit.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,116
    Ditto for Howard Washington. 247 shows we made an offer to Washington. Both Washington and Baldwin may not be into publicizing their offers and how many like others do.

11. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $192
    I hope that's the case. I think it shows humility. Definitely a positive in my mind.

12. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,452
    Woods' newest article says Butler has offered Baldwin.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,116
    Is this one of the three offers you referred to the other day or the fourth?

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,116
    This kid is definitely a breath of fresh air and absolutely fits the personality of a Butler kid. This article from last December mentioned six schools he had offers from none of which are listed by VC or 247 who reflect zero to three offers. I would not be surprised that he has a Butler offer.

16. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $264
    Wow, this kid is ripped. Very impressive.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,116
    Quick release and good elevation on his jump shot and can finish with either hand. Wish we were in the driver's seat.

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,046
  19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,548
    Dude... Yes please. Size. Quickness. Outside shot. Can drive. Mid-range game/pull-up.

Please get this kid.

20. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,152
    Very difficult to assess someone from "their" highlight videos, but this kid looks pretty damn good. Can score (even creating his own shot) and pass and penetrate. Not sure of his D, but he sure has size. And best of all, he doesn't have a whole lot of unbeatable offers. Like I said, hard to tell from highlight videos, but this may be someone we should go after a little harder. We really need a 1 in this class, and there are several out there. Some of the more often mentioned 1's may be a little of a stretch.