Kamar Baldwin - 2016 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,447
    We need a rim protector more than anything.

2. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,041
    Was told that Baldwin is one of the highest character/leadership kids ever recruited to BU. High praise, indeed.

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,868
    29 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 steals.

There is no such thing as a lock in recruiting but I believe Baldwin and Brunk are about as close as it gets for Butler. I fully expect those 2 to have great careers.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    Agree with Jared. Who knows just how good he's going to be, but I'd be completely shocked if he was anything less than a big contributor for butler over his 4 years. His floor is really high.

What's the knock on him - why were we competing with Clemson and Ole Miss and not, say, Florida? Is it just that he's undersized for a 2? I think this is the best player in our class, but he certainly isn't rated that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,447
    Based on highly suspected highlight videos, stats, rankings, first hand poster observations and hype I would rank the four coming in in this order- Baldwin, Brunk, Baddley, Washington

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I think that's right on.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    He blew up late in AAU. I saw him in April and he was nothing to write home about. It wasn't really until July when he broke out and was playing extremely well.

8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
    It's kinda (idk) ironic(?) that the issue that hampered Baldwin during AAU is the issue that's now limiting(?) Washington. That is of course playing on a supremely talented team w other more elite prospects that prevent them from shining.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    This is spot on. Here are Baldwin's box scores from the Gauntlet stop in Indy last April. He really struggled shooting the ball. He played much better in July AAU.

http://adidasuprising.com/adidas-grassroots-mens-events/adidas-gauntlet-series/indianapolis/
    http://adidasuprising.com/adidas-summer-championships-schedule-and-stats/

....and here are his games at Vegas in July. He had a few clunkers in there, but when you play as many games as they do in such a compacted time frame that will happen. He also had some great games too. He got some really good reports from recruiting analysts about his play at Vegas IIRC.

I am very excited about Baldwin coming to Butler.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    HoopSeen Georgia ‏@HoopSeenGA Jan 12
    Kamar Baldwin goes for 40 pts 11 Rebs as Apalachee defeats Lanier 75-58. Butler Asst. Coach was on hand to see the future Bulldog.

Read about Kamar Baldwin becoming the new all-time scoring leader for Barrow County basketball in the Jan. 13 edition of the Barrow Journal.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/28/article/114747/

"The Falcons will have to contend with Apalachee’s Kamar Baldwin, who dropped 29 points in a strong effort against Gainesville. The Butler University signee knocked down shots from every spot on the floor, and is nearly unstoppable on his best day."

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    29 points, 9 rebounds, 7 steals, 4 blocks, 3 assists last night. Just another day in the office for him.

13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    How is his competition? These are just absurd numbers.

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    I really have no idea how basketball in Georgia compares to Indiana. There are definitely some talented players in the state right now, but the teams overall I'm sure aren't near as good. Baldwin's team has had several matchups against top 10 teams, so it seems like they have a decent schedule by Georgia standards, but I don't know what type of schedule that would be like over here.

He also plays on a very young team that defaults to him. He is option 1 every single time down the floor and pretty much runs the show.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    A player that plays BOTH ends of the court.........

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
  17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    I believe all 4 guys coming in can. Part of the reason I like this class. They can all shoot and they can all defend. And 3 of the 4 (not Brunk) are versatile and can play multiple positions. If you can play defense and shoot the basketball it gives you a chance to win every game you play.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Dan Woschitz ‏@CoachWoschitz 21h21 hours ago
    Apalachee 17-4 (6-1) beat rival W-BHS 89-40 Baldwin 34p 11r 6s 3b 2a Hill 20p 4r Morris 8p 3s 2a

--------

You know what I like best about Baldwin? He doesn't take ANY nights off. His stat lines are just ridiculous. He comes to play each and every game. 6 steals. Obviously he can get into passing lanes and can anticipate things happening. Will rebound from a guard position too. I kind of wish we had him RIGHT NOW.

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $34
    Dan Woschitz ‏@CoachWoschitz
    On Sr. Night Butler commit Kamar Baldwin 30p 12r 8a He broke 2,500pts (2,521), is 11r from 1,000 & dealt over 350asts

20. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    42 points in a 69-67 loss tonight