Kamar Baldwin - 2016 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 12, 2015.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,683
    Quoting myself from 6/21. I love everything about this kid. Serious potential.

2. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,884
    Even little things like being a southpaw make a big difference. Defenders aren't used to that. Looks like he can dribble well with his off hand too.

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,300
    Turned out okay for the 08-09 classed (granted Emerson was a walk-on)....

But as JCA mentioned, it would be likely that someone would red-shirt.

A way too early speculation on that could be Baddley...and just follow me here for a second. Take a look at what a red-shirt year did for a Mikal Bridges at Nova.

Mikal was 6-6 178 coming out of HS...Baddley is listed at 6-6 170 (using 247 for both.) Bridges is now listed at 191, and is a serious problem for the other team when he comes on the floor defensively.

Now granted Nova didn't NEED Mikal last year, so they had the luxury of being able to red-shirt him and develop his body so that he could step into 20 minutes per game as a RS freshman. Will Butler have that luxury? Will Baddley want to do that? Who knows...I just see similarities in their games at the HS level.

4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,746
  5. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    I can't wait to see what Kamar, Joey and Henry bring to the team. I'm sure it will be a fun season (and future) to watch and Im confident Holt can bring in more classes like this one.

Go Dawgs!

6. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,782
    Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 8m8 minutes ago
    5 Under-The-Radar Big East Freshmen: J. Patton (Creighton), M. White (PC), J. Mosley (Georgetown), R. Freudenberg (SJU), K. Baldwin (BU).

7. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $522
    A buddy of mine was dropping his kid off at butler soccer camp last week and popped his head in Hinkle. Said Kamar was in there shooting, looks like he was in good shape and had bulked up a bit, and his stroke was so smooth. Effortless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    Love it. Can't wait for the season to start.

9. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,659
    Ran into Kamar and his family at the spirit shop in Hinkle today. Looks taller than the 6'2" listed and all around very nice family. Also his Dad is really tall so maybe he grows a few inches still.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
  11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,102
    Coach Holtmann's first appearance of the season on Dan Dakich's show was today. Said Kamar will play 50/50 at the point and off the ball. Also said he's the most athletic player he's ever coached.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,697
    That's good to hear about Kamar's athleticism because we must dramatically improve in that area. Fortunately we should be considerably more athletic this year than last.

13. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,782
    138.2 ORtg and 24.5 mpg. Give this boy some more minutes!

14. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,782
  15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,176
    Fourth in the country in steal percentage....

One of the guys in front of him plays for Press Virginia. The other two play for teams that have played awful schedules thus far.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,697
    What has been his offensive ratings in the past two games?

17. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member

Money:
    $236
    Probably pretty low, I don't have KenPom so I'm just saying this from observations

Sent from my LG-H910 using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,057
    BBR doesn't have the ORtg listed yet vs UCA
    ORtg
    54 vs ISU
    55 vs Utah

19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,099
    KB had a great interview on Dan Dakich today. Very well spoken young man.

20. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,782
    Hasn't really played well on the offensive end of the floor since the Vanderbilt game, but his defense has been consistently solid.

Hope he has a breakout game tomorrow. He just needs to relax and let the game come to him.