Kamar Baldwin - 2016 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 12, 2015.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,223
    I missed this interview with Kamar, following the BET win. Glad to have found it.

The report spoke as if he actually read the press releases or watched a game or 2 prior to MSG. Though my posting is tardy, I thought others may like to check it out.

indienapolis likes this.
  2. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,905
    pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  3. kac12568

kac12568 Active Member

Money:
    $3,573
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    I don't think this suggests he'll leave early, just that Medcalf believes he's the best NBA prospect on Butler's roster. Plus, 2 game sample size (one of which was Purdue where he didn't play overly efficiently) isn't exactly a solid base line to leave early.

That said, if he does leave early, it's most likely because he's had one heck of a season and so has Butler, so if that is what ends up happening, I'll deal with those problems.

5. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,059
    Kamar has a very high ceiling. I would venture to guess he is at least as developed going into this season as DiVincenzo was last season, and Donte just went #17 in the NBA draft - because he had a hellava year and carried Nova into a championship. If Kamar does that, he too would be an NBA draft prospect at the end of the year - would hate to see him go, but would love the great year...

harvesting and Danville Bulldog like this.
  6. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $991
    I've been busy developing a set of algorithms that will monitor about 60 inputs for the 2018-19 season. I will have final predictions by mid- October. I expect a very good year from Baldwin and PJ. The probability of KB leaving early is 32%. Jordan Tucker is at 20%. Regards & best wishes, Danville

Mad_Dawg 48 and MSUDawg like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,788
    Not sure physically or athletically that KB is comparable to Donte. Donte is bigger and has incredible hops which seem to be the most important ingredient when it comes to being drafted. I think KB can make it to the NBA if he improves his play making ( set up) skills and shot. He may go after this year and if he does that means he made a giant leap and the team surpassed expectations. Then again I thought Kelan was better than half the players that were drafted including Grayson who went high in the draft.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,179
    Unfortunately Kamar isn't going to the NBA unless/until he proves he can be a point guard. There just isn't anywhere in the NBA for guys who are under 6'3" or so and aren't point guards. He may some improvement last year to his distribution skills, for sure, but he's got to make a huge leap this year to have a shot at leaving. It's pretty unlikely, but I hope he does. As others have mentioned, this will mean Butler had a great year, and it'd be a great thing to get another guy in the league.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  9. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,059
    I would agree that DiVincenzo has more height and weight, and his vertical leap was the best in the combine. I do think Kamar's leap may be pretty close though. I went looking at the NBA rosters and was actually surprised that there are 37 players that are 6' 1" or shorter (a couple at 5'9") there are also 18 at 6'2". Almost all are point guards which is understandable - I believe I saw one shooting guard, but don't recall now where I saw that. In any event it is true that the odds are
    not in KB's favor, but then, stranger things have happened.

10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $268
    Considering the year that Kelan had and he was not drafted, I would have a hard time believing that Kamar would make that big of a leap to get himself drafted. But as others have said, if he did, that would most likely mean that Butler surpassed expectations for the coming year.

11. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $180
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I'm thinking if KB leaves early that means that he had an amazing year and the team surpassed expectations.

bicknob, indienapolis, fdr and 3 others like this.
  12. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,419
    Insane Dawg did not, but you know he was thinking it, so does that count?

It doesn’t have to be a great year. It worked for Kaiser Gates, right? Or, LaVall could leave and Kamar doesn’t want to mess around with another head coach.

Oh yeah - they could also have a really good year which could mean that his stock would have nowhere to go but down. Did someone mention that already?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Daddysmack likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,788
    You did

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  14. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $282
    Different players. Kamar is a great defender and more athletic than Kelan. Kamar is a potential NBA prospect even if he isn't as good of a college player as Kelan. If he develops into a better ballhandler and a more consistent scorer, I think there's a good chance he can be a first rounder in the 2019 draft (which is looking to be weaker than the 2018 draft).

15. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,994
    Possible cold take, but I don't see DiVincenzo becoming an NBA star.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,377
  17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,432
  18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Yeah this rating system can't be for NBA prospects, given that Luke Maye and Ethan Happ (who wasn't even invited to the combine this past year) are 2 of the top 3 players, and Carsen Edwards is rated #1. Love Baldwin and not discounting that he could eventually be an NBA player, but not seeing his NBA prospects at this time.

fdr and Hinkle like this.
  19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,179
    Correct. Being a top 10 or even the very top college player does not mean you're an NBA player.

20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,311
    I’m not sure anyone has ever been more overrated than Ethan Happ.

shoeevv likes this.