KaMarvelous

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Shooter, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Shooter

Shooter New Member

Money:
    $43
    Enjoy Baldwin in a Butler uni this season because he's headed to the NBA after this year.

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    With Shooting 1-6 from 3 and 6 Turnovers. Yeah right troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

FriarDawg likes this.
  3. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    Pump the brakes, hombre.

4. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    I hope he has a long successful NBA career, just after NEXT year at Butler.

dippper61 likes this.
  5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,281
    Either he has a Big East Player of the Year caliber season and carries Butler to a memorable season and leaves for the NBA, or he comes back next year for what should be a pretty special Butler team. Or maybe we are lucky and both happen. Either way it's going to be fun, so let's enjoy it.

6. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $227
    I agree with your statement. It amazes me that the former Kid’nTrey is still a student-athlete. Maybe he promised his mother he’d earn his degree before leaving for the NBA.

7. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    I'm not saying KB is leaving, but I will say that NBA scouts really don't care much about per game statistics, especially when they involve an incredibly high usage. Shooting and passing are somewhat teachable, which is why De'aaron Fox was drafted 5th after shooting <25% from 3 for the entire season and Trae Young was drafted 5th after averaging >5 turnovers for the entire season.

For the nth time, the NBA drafts players based on potential and projection. Otherwise Kelan Martin would have been a lottery pick.

bwesson15 likes this.
  8. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $515
    1000 times agree with you. Fox and others got drafted solely on potential. But Kamar doesn't have the body like Fox. Kamar is below average when it comes to an NBA body which is why he does need to rely on stats and how his team performs.

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,332
    JP Macura is in the NBA and Kelan Martin isn't. Go figure.

ButlerProf likes this.
  10. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,404
    This is the most telling lack of talent recognition in the NBA. Kelan is better than Macura when it comes to skill and working with teammates. Macura would have fit in nicely with the 90's Pistons.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  11. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    You're right. These NBA schmucks are clueless. They should draft based on kindness and manners, because that's what wins games in the NBA. Maybe someone should get word to Bob Myers and Steve Kerr that they never should have drafted Draymond Green, because he's a bad teammate.

Tentozen likes this.
  12. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,281
    Both players got their chance in the D League. Macura clearly outperformed him. He took advantage of the chance and earned his spot. If Macura ever gets brought up to the NBA things may change, but I still think Martin is in a better situation anyways over in Europe as opposed to a 2 way player in the G League.

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,341
    Outside of sports, aren't most jobs you're hired for out of college based on potential and projection? Regarding sports, isn't an 18 year old freshman succeeding vs 21 and 22 year old upperclassmen looked upon more favorably than a 22 year old senior succeeding vs some who are his own age and bunch who are younger?

14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I would say definitely not.

15. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
    Talk about an unwarranted, unrelated, ass**le comment lolol

16. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    No, it's not. The comment I replied to literally stated that there is a "lack of talent recognition in the NBA," and the rationale for this, in part, was that Kelan should be in the NBA in place of JP Macura because he is better at "working with teammates." That's absurd and I shouldn't have to tell you that.

I generally enjoy this board, but there are a number of posters that love to comment on NBA basketball, even though though they don't watch NBA basketball (by their own admission!). I want people to stop offering mindless, uninformed (i.e. ignorant) critiques and opinions on this board and that holds true for all topics, not just Butler and the NBA. And I would expect that posters would call me out if I say something similarly stupid or uninformed.

In other words, if you think Joey Brunk should play over Nate Fowler (a reasonable opinion!), give me a reason other than "he's better."

17. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $68
    Agreed. Must consider developmental maturity, readiness, and the peer group.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,404
    Not quite sure what your beef is with me, @fdr. Two posts this week. And you're trolling both of them. Whatever. I am above that kind of behavior, and I will just say that you took about 1/2 of what I said and added your own projection to complete your logic. I'm not going to publicly debate you on this forum on merits of arguments.

We both are obviously very passionate about Butler Basketball. And based on previous posts from both of us in the past, we are both fairly intelligent and clear thinkers. Enjoy the season. I know I will. Regardless of Fowler or Brunk at the 5.

19. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $515
    Btw, hot take. Kelan would've gotten drafted this year if he was in this class. Had to show the scouts he had the motivation and drive for it though.

20. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    In retrospect, my frustration had been brewing for a while and not necessarily in response to any of your other posts, so I apologize for being a bit harsh. It's nothing personal.

ButlerNut and Tentozen like this.