Kameron Woods - 2011 Forward

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,355
  2. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    very similar to gordon hayward. super athletic and very sound defensively. he's gonna be a real solid player

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    Woods Is One To Watch

4. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    i have never seen him play, but simply looking at the guy, I find it hard to believe that he will contribute. I am 5'5 and 130 pounds and i think i could bench press more than kameron woods. the kid is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tiny. he honestly looks like a stick. not even close to college basketball size

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,862
    Woods has unbelievable potential and could become our newest diamond in the rough. Will be interesting to see how quickly he develops.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    I agree. If anything this year he will be a really good weak side defender and rim protector. I thought he showed alot of offensive skills in the Ind-Ky series. Really good passer and a decent mid range J.

Looking forward to seeing him again Nov 2.

7. Dawgpound

Dawgpound New Member

Money:
    $5
    His wingspan is incredible. He has the ability to change shots. The fact he can step out and shoot the 3 will create matchup problems for most teams (that will be his niche). His weight won't be as much a factor as people think, because he won't be playing against other teams bigs. Kameron will be guarding perimeter players allowing him to get rebounds from following shots after they have been taken. Thats where his height gives him a huge advantage over other perimeter players. Furthermore, if a teams sends a big to guard him his quickness and range gives him the upper hand as well. Kameron will be a huge asset.

8. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    that is a good point. if we put him at the 3, he is a HUGE matchup problem, but at the 4 or 5 he is a huge liability

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    I think this is where that defensive versatility comes in. You can probably play Jones at the 3 and Woods at the 4 on offense and switch them on defense if the other team is playing a post 4.

10. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,553
    Woods shooting the 3? C'mon now. Over/under on Woods knocking down 5 threes this year? This is the first I've heard about his outside ability....

11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,569
    Believe he hit 3 of them during the A-S game. I'll take the over in a heartbeat!

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    If Woods gets enough playing time I would certainly expect him to him more than 5 threes. Supposedly his perimeter game has been extremely impressive during practice so far.

13. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,553
    Great news that he's developing an outside shot. If only Nored could do the same ;)

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    Dan Dakich after watching Butler practice yesterday:

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Dan Dakich shouldn't be allowed to step foot into Hinkle Fieldhouse, after the ripjob he did on Butler and the Horizon League last Feb on ESPN.

For a guy that coached basketball he sure has a weak understanding of the relative strengths of teams and leagues.

16. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,491

Not particularly a fan of Dakich, but you ought to cut him some slack. He, like just about every other BB talking head with a mic, blog or piece of paper never will give mid majors much respect. Nothing new. I equate his various BB analyses as being much similar to many you read from so many BU fans over at the BUHoops site. Someone needs to pull up those threads from last year when the vast majority of BU fans were concerned about the "lines" Woods was putting up in high school. A lot more concern of wasted scholarship on a project than were in support. The skinny on Woods was he had height, athleticism and pretty good basketball skills, including range out to the 3 point line. Yet, look up a few postings on this thread on the chatter about Woods' range. Woods can face the basket and shoot, with range. Period. Never was concerned about his high school "lines." With two other D - 1 players on his team, he never saw the ball. So I don't really agree much with Dakich (Hoosier homer) much. But he's not much different than a lot of our own BU fans. I said it when he signed and I'll say it again, Woods will be a stud. So Dakich is right on this one.

17. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    I'm not gonna lie, I never expected much out of Woods this season. I figured he may come off the bench in garbage time, but after hearing all of the positive things that everyone is saying about him, I'm not so sure. I would love to be proven wrong, so I guess that I am jumping on the "woods wagon" ( the unofficial bandwagon for Kameron Woods). Cannot wait to see what this kid can do when the season starts

18. bujet15

bujet15 New Member

Money:
    $5
    "Kameron Krazies"?

19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    I have had the same line of thinking. I've always seen him as much more of a project with an extremely high ceiling but also a low floor. I thought it might be a few years before we got to see much of him. All of these reports have certainly surprised me. I'm still skeptical that he can be a solid contributor this year due to his current size, but it's seeming like he is going to compete a lot more for playing time than I originally thought.

20. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $212
    if you go back in listen to the audio from signing day a year ago. it was pretty apparent from brad stevens tone that he was especially excited about woods. it'll be interesting to see how the marshall/woods/fromm minute allocation works out. im guessing that because of the roster makeup and having woods (and jones in a pinch), fromm will be primarily a back-up 5.

reading between the lines on what is being said about how they plan to implement woods defensively, it sounds like they have Streicher's old role in mind (obviously extended for the talent-level)