Kameron Woods - 2011 Forward

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 27, 2011.

1. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $526
    Kam's offensive game is horrendous, but I do like the fact that he knows it. He mostly doesnt try and shoot or post-up, and when he does he is not comfortable. It is crazy to think that he used to bomb threes (though not in the hoop) and actually was hitting the mid-range shot consistently by the end of his sophomore year (he was huge at home against Xavier that year at the end of the game).

His defense and rebounding have been phenomenal. His length really impacts games. When he is out there is a big difference. Say what you will, but leading the Big East in rebounding (or being in contention to do so) and getting 18 boards a game on occasion is tremendous. Will be sorely missed.

2. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $483
    Yeah it's weird to me that his offense is so much worse than it used to be, but then again the staff doesn't really ask him to do anything other then get dunks and putbacks, and I'm sure he doesn't feel the need to take mid range jumpers unless it's a desperation situation.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    His shooting may not be great but his passing has been outstanding as well as his effort and leadership.

4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    Having Kam playing in position this season, as opposed to last season is huge. I think a lot of his criticism last year came from him trying to do things that weren't necessarily in his skill set. Not that it was his fault, he didn't ask to play the 3.

Also, Kam still doesn't have the best hands, but he definitely has fewer dropped passes this year compared to last.

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
    @cafultzISR: #Butler senior forward Kameron Woods needs 8 boards to move ahead of Matt Howard (2007-11) in 3rd place on Butler’s all-time rebounding list

6. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    If Butler plays 4 more games (realistic) and Woods averages 11 boards a game (possible), he will finish his career at #1 all time in rebounds at Butler. If Butler plays 5 more games, it because a likelihood instead of a possibility (8.8/game needed).

7. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,920
    After tonight, he's at 932; 21 behind 2nd and 29 behind 1st. He's going to need at least 2 games like tonight to do it. If we play 3 more game (tough now after tonight's loss), he's got it.

8. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Woods needs 12 boards tonight to move into a tie for second place all-time. He's 20 short of 1st, so will need a win tonight to reach that mark.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Hope he gets 21.

10. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,920
    From everything I've read, ND is horrible on the glass, so KW should get lots tonight. GO DAWGS!!!

11. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $195
    Going to miss this guy! Could flat get up and yank rebounds out of the air 6 inches above the nearest opposition. No replacing Kam Woods; he knew what he was on the floor for and did it better than anyone. Team player in the truest sense of the word.

12. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    The officiating in the Xavier game cost Kam the career rebound record (with the extra game he would have had it), but second all-time is still quite an accomplishment. He will be missed dearly.

13. xiuman

xiuman New Member

Money:
    $5
    Kam really came on down the stretch and will be missed. I'm ok with Mason keeping the record sine he is still one of my all-times favorites, but hard not to appreciate Kam's efforts. Great team player.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Bet he loves all the accolades this year after being raked over the coals last year because he was forced to play out of position and for an incident he was accused of on this board. This again he wasn't all conference.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Congratulations to Kam Woods for being selected to the Reese's All Star game to be played in Lucas Stadium at 4:30 on Friday! Hope it is televised. Love to see him play one more time.

16. Grandpa Bulldog

Grandpa Bulldog Member

Money:
    $27
    Congrats to Kam!

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
    @BUSportsWriters: #Butler senior @KameronWoods warming up for Reese's All Star game. #NCAA #FinalFour http://t.co/jEyno2dFeI

18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Woods ended up with 14 boards, which should surprise no one. Kid is just a rebounding machine. Wish they could have won, but he definitely represented what he can bring to the game well today.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Kameron Woods ‏@kamwoods31 Apr 3
    wow I really appreciate all the love and support I got from the butler fans today...Butler will always have a special spot in my heart

20. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    And you in ours.