Kameron Woods - 2011 Forward

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    Just signed an agent.

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Kameron Woods ‏@kamwoods31 5h5 hours ago
    No matter where basketball takes me, this degree will be something nobody can ever take from me. Thanks Butler

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    http://www.indystar.com/story/butle...st-in-woods-brunk-on-official-visit/28432475/

David Woods ‏@DavidWoods007 1h1 hour ago
    Magic show interest in @kamwoods31

--------

In alot of ways that doesn't surprise me. Kam Woods' best basketball is in front of him. If I was a NBA GM, Woods would be on my radar as a "sleeper". Will probably not get drafted as teams tend to take alot of Euro's in the second round and stash them overseas, but he will get invited to a NBA camp. A young team like the Orlando Magic might give him a chance to stick. NBA Summer league will be huge for Woods in a few weeks.

4. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    As much as I love and appreciate Kam Woods, I just don't know if I see him in the league. He's a smaller, less-athletic version of Tyrus Thomas, in my humble opinion. I hope he proves me wrong, of course, and good luck to him in whatever he does.

5. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    He has a good body type because of his wing span. I could see him possibly bulking up and becoming a player in the NBA....but he needs something that resembles a jumpshot

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,695
    It's all about his weight. If he could bulk up he could be a good defensive PF in the league. But he will have to put on weight extremely fast to have a shot. Probably best off going to either the D league or overseas for a year and focusing full time on building muscle.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,120
  8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Kameron Woods ‏@kamwoods31 1h1 hour ago
    man it's been a long process but I'm happy to announce that I'm heading to Oklahoma City to join their program and develop my game #blessed

9. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    So is he going to be on the Thunder or their d league team?

10. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $139
    I'm guessing it's just for their d league team though he could have also gotten signed for a training camp deal.

11. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,782
    His offensive game still has a longgggg way to go, but, if he puts in the work, he might be able to make a team.

12. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,798
    OKC has 15 players under contract, which is the max a team can carry. This is likely a training camp contract with potential to become an opportunity to play for the OKC Blue (D League). For it to be more than that would require OKC cutting or trading one of their roster players.

13. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Member

Money:
    $41
    Got to imagine it's a camp invite with D-League potential, but it isn't unheard of to have max 15 signed and bring more on knowing you have to cut(and still pay) someone. Pacers will likely do it this year.

14. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,798
    That's certainly plausible, though it seems unlikely given OKC's roster and cap situation. Those 15 players they already have under contract don't include their second round pick, Dakari Johnson. And the Thunder is already $12 million+ over the luxury tax threshold. So any player they cut to add another is a double hit on the tax.

The Pacers, on the other hand, can afford to make some moves. Although already over the soft cap, they are still $13 million below the luxury tax threshold.

15. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $519
    Watching kam playing on nba tv now. He just hit a three! Just like his freshman yr

16. Dawglover

Dawglover New Member

Money:
    $9
    But in the interest of full disclosure, it's not like he was an awesome three-point shooter and then got bad. He was 11-61 (18 percent) his freshman year, 1-4 his sophomore year, and didn't shoot another three his last two years at Butler. A terrific rebounder and defender, but a great three-point shooter? Not so much.

17. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $519
    Yes I know. It was frustrating to watch as his team spread the court on offense. He just stood in the corner waiting for the ball

18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,018
    Does Kam play for a Jazz development team? They run a stupid offense where Hayward stands in the corner during most of the offensive possession.

19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,018
    Watching the Oklahoma City Blue NBA Development team against some other team called the vipers. Josh Smith just came off the bench for the Vipers- heavier than ever. Kam Woods started for the Blue and didn't do much- still skinny. Mitch McCary plays for the Blue off the bench.

20. Eric

Eric Active Member

Money:
    $3,107
    I watched some of that game. Not really sure what they were trying to do with Kam on offense. He'd run to right corner, and stand there ready for a pass that never came. The other team wasn't paying any attention to him, but neither was his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk