Kebba Njie - 2022 Forward (Penn State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Lukas Harkins, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,763
    Another relatively expected offer out to Kebba Njie on his unofficial visit today.

I’m at a wedding rehearsal (not for me), but I pre-wrote an article on it and got it up: https://www.patreon.com/posts/52387101

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,229
    Dig it.

cornette33 likes this.
  3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,031

bumba and bmradio99 like this.
  4. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $564
  5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,533
    He does look good in a Butler uniform.

6. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $564
    Interesting this being one of the first OVs. He was just on campus back on June 11.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,763
    Very much so haha. I was never given permission to announce the dates. He was here 3-4th. I will, though, have a post-visit interview-based article out tonight or tomorrow.

8. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,058
    Does anyone know his true height and true position? 247 lists him as a 6'8 Center.

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,953
    Easily 6'8". Tons of raw potential just waiting to be shaped and molded.

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,411
    He's definitely a power forward with potential to be a stretch 4. you should easily be able to play him with Turnbull at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg likes this.
  11. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,764
    If the staff gives Lukas info, I’d presume it’s okay to publicize. I appreciate him being respectful, but that’s just my two cents. They know he’s a reporter :)

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    I never understood the decision to keep OVs secret. Sure maybe there’s some gamesmanship involved but I think the hype involved would outweigh any chicanery.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown and jkcdawgs like this.
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,897
    You mean if the athlete keeps OV’s a secret? Cause of course the staff can’t announce visits.

seadawg likes this.
  14. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,764
    If the staff wanted visits under wraps they wouldn’t tell Lukas. They want the news out there. They’re not telling him bc they’re best friends....and I love all of the insight that Lukas gives, but he definitely could be more forthcoming with visit and offer info.

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,897
    Butler has always played this stuff close to the vest and within the rules. I’m not going to ask Lucas to share what he is told, but guessing it’s more along the lines of we’ve got a couple of guys coming in in the next few weeks, maybe a state or region, maybe a class, and maybe a position. But they aren’t going to name names—but give him a heads up to be on the lookout--yeah. Would that get Lucas to reach out to a prospect? Sure. But let the kid say it, not the staff.

mwall787 likes this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,704
    While I generally agree with you, it's entirely possible that they're conditioning the information they're giving him. It could be off the record, on deep background, on background, not for attribution, etc. Only Lukas knows the terms of whatever he has agreed to and it's important for him to abide by whatever those are.

I am incredibly grateful for the work he does and information he passes along, especially now that David Woods is stretched so thin by The Star and no one else is covering Butler regularly. He's become a go-to for a lot of us. But I also find him too deferential at times, which is common for writers at fan publications but not common for journalists at more traditional publications.

2xDawg and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    As mentioned above, there are ways to get them out without getting them out themselves. I’d just think they’d want to hype the recruit more.

That said, I am digging the pics. It seems like they are doing a bit more marketing on these OVs. Or maybe it’s just the recruit’s choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,202
    What is the difference between the 247sports composite rating and the 247sports rating? One has him as 4 star, 15th ranked center, and the other has him as 3 star, 26th ranked center?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,775
    I think the composite ranking takes other ranking sites into account, while the other is just the opinion of one site.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,202
    Makes sense. Rivals has him 16th ranked PF. Not sure how many other rankings there are, aside from ESPN.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app