Kebba Njie - 2022 Forward (Penn State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Lukas Harkins, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,566
    I've talked about Kebba remaining a top priority during my recruiting roundups recently. With Kelley still on his Boston College visit, makes sense that the entire staff would be at LaLu. Four deep for Kebba.

mwall787 and jal8908 like this.
  2. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $791
    So question is are those other teams all there for him or are some there for other players. LaLu is a basketball power with at least 3 players good enough for D1. Believe they have 2 players rated higher then Kebba.

3. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,566
    If I had to wager guesses...

K-State is there for Taj Manning and Kebba.
    Duke, Syracuse, and others for JJ Starling
    IU for Jeremy Fears

As things stand, Kebba only has three offers (BU, K-State, Penn State). Two of those teams are there right now, and only one is full staff present. I think this makes a good impression personally. And he is definitely one of the top two priorities.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    seadawg likes this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,804
    Secretly, Kebba has always been very high on my wish list. A commitment would mean acquiring a workhorse who brings his lunchbox.

bumba, Lukas Harkins and estar20dawg like this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    Yea, Kebba is definitely someone whose best basketball is still a couple years ahead of him. He's exactly what we need in the Big East. A frontcourt of Turnbull and Kebba has tantalizing upside which would allow our guards to get all up on the perimeter knowing those two have their backs.

bumba, TheDawgDub95 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    I just want to hear our PA announcer call his name on dunks.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    Kebba & Turnbull with either Reed or Kelley would be a solid core for this recruiting class.

DawgPoundMac, 2xDawg and willisbrown like this.
  8. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,117
    Is 247 correct that he is on a visit at Penn St., now? Only 3 offers seems odd to me.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,636
    Yes. He was on the sideline today at the game.

And you’re all going to love this… Brad Stevens was too helping Shrews recruit…

10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,796
    Before everyone gets carried away on this. The Stevens family was in visiting their close friends, the Shrewberry’s. If Micah made sure recruits knew Brad was there, good for him.

seadawg likes this.
  11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Speaking of using your recruiting clout, why did the staff have any recruits on campus last week? I would think honoring the back-to-back national finalist teams would have been a no-brainer for a priority recruiting moment. At times, I really do wonder if the athletic department wouldn't mind being back in a lesser conference. I'm just not seeing much strategy moving forward. Maybe they will play the transfer game harder than ever in the Spring, something they've never shown much joy in doing either, but something just isn't connecting with their priority recruits right now.

12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,796
    I do think the transfer market has substantially changed the recruiting game and the staff knows it. As to why no recruits on campus for the induction—not sure that would have made much greater of an impression than whatever the coaches were dropping about it to them directly or the opportunity to view a highlight clip created for recruits. Plus coaches were on the road watching recruits—probably more meaningful impact tbh.

NCJon and AZRPh like this.
  13. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,566
    Kebba will be making his decision this weekend.

2xDawg, Shimmy, bmradio99 and 2 others like this.
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Decision coming right off the Penn St. visit? Hmm... any insight here because on face value, it would seem like a Penn State lean given the timing of the announcement.

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,636
    Saturday at noon? Unless he’s coming back to State College this weekend, he’s picking a horrible time. We host Auburn at 730pm on ABC’s game of the week, which means zero PSU fans will be paying attention at noon which is when Gameday ends. PSU fans will either be at Gameday or tailgating.

But yeah he’s a Penn State lean…

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,804
    Perhaps, but a decision was eminent at some point. Trust in the process and hope Kebba makes the correct choice for him. BU did their part.

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,881
    Pretty sure even if it was a bye week there wouldn't be many PSU fans paying attention to this. Are there any recruits worth following after he commits?

18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $7,273
    No CBs from anywhere yet. This is going to be close I feel like between us, I know we have put a very high full court press on him and feel like he's a great fit here. He's very deliberate in his approach and took all three visits. So I feel like this one is more of a 50/50 than Chas or the others

19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $7,273
    Just Josh Reed

20. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,566
    Barring a significant change from the information I've heard, no. Post-Kebba, regardless of if he commits to BU, they will set their sights on the transfer market. They always planned on keeping spots open.