Kebba Njie - 2022 Forward (Penn State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Lukas Harkins, Jun 11, 2021.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,248
    Yeah. If you do want to be bad at recruiting, the one position you prefer to miss at is PG/SG aka combo guard simply bc of genetics. It always the most plentiful, quality position... Finding quality big people is a lot harder

2. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    If Kebba and Reed go elsewhere, it would indeed be quitedisappointing, but I don't know that anybody outside of the coaching staff really knows what kind of strategy we have to the 2022 class. Every team misses out on recruits, but I don't think that means that they didn't have a strategy to their recruiting.

3. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,938
    How much do we really know about high school prospects with covid and the change in recruiting. Could still be under the radar players out there, more so than ever. And then we will see coaching changes and decommitments. 2022 is far from over in my mind.

But, having said that, not sure why we are getting worked up about a crystal ball with a confidence level of 5. That is a person taking a guess with a platform. I'm still of the belief that we're gonna land njie. I've been wrong before, but I think butler is a better fit for him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,882
    No idea where he goes - just hope he makes the best decision for him. As for Butler, just hope they can get the right combination of guys and develop them, and then fill in the rest with transfers.

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,644
    This.

That crystal ball came from the Kansas State guy. He posted this to the PSU board (he has no clue and is just making a guess, but it’s the same guess we could all make based on the announcement happening right after his PSU visit).

1FBA92A0-8C20-4436-8F16-1A028644277E.jpeg

Since we’re doing guesses, mine is 65/35 PSU.

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,812
    Before we start the Fire LJ.com website, I recalled the #1 perceived need was a bonafide shooter. BU acquired that a year early with Simas. Add in a legit big with Turnbull, and the recruiting season has not been a total wash regardless of Kebba's decision.

7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,644
    Bad News here… Our PSU basketball insiders are saying he’s going to PSU.

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,350
    I’m not advocating to fire LJ. But this has to be considered a failure recruiting class. Now the pressure is on to find a good fit in late bloomers or transfers.

Turnbull is a project at best and I hope Simas’ game translates well. But these are big questions. What we do know is that our frontline took a massive hit for the next four years with the departure of Scooby and Coles. If Golden does not return next season, that means JMM is going to be logging significant minutes next season and I’m sorry, that’s probably not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,039
    Whether we nailed Kebba or not the frontcourt next year is a huge question mark. The transfer market focus needs to be all in on a banger or two that can at least play D and rebound. Easier said than done.

10. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $791
    We need 80 minutes a night at the 4 and 5.

Current roster likely could give us the following on a normal night against quality competition:

1)Golden 25
    2)Wilmoth 10-15
    3)Mulloy/Turnbull 5-10
    4)Simas (small ball 4) 15.

That is roughly 55 minutes so we definitely need a transfer of Nze quality that has playing time under his belt that you can pencil in for a minimum of 20 minutes a night.

Recruiting grade for this cycle incomplete. If we can get Top 150 (4 or 5) in Spring after a coach gets let go that has one of those players already committed you try that Avenue.

We are pretty set at the 1-3 spot with Tate, Harris, Taylor, Thomas, and Simas if we don’t have too play him at the 4 more than 10 minutes a game.
    Current recruiting grade incomplete but not because of lack of effort.

LJ and staff can recruit but some cycles you are just going to finish 2nd once to often.

Spring target 2 bigs (4/5) and one more guard. Very doable, but yes at noon I will be super bummed!!!!

11. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,011
  12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    I've been a staunch LJ supported since he's been announced to come here, and I still am. With that said, my confidence and optimism are starting to wane. Having the cupboard as bare as it is for us in the front court next year and not being able to land top end talent at a Power 6 school is not a good look.

The pressure for the team to be good this year, players to show they are developing into a problem for other teams, the upcoming transfer class and the 2023 high school class is now very high.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,165
    Really thought that by Year 5 of the LJ era, we’d see an uptick in recruiting. It seems like we’re going in the opposite direction, if anything. Disappointing

14. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $764
    If Butler has another ‘hold your nose’ year like last year, I think it may be time to make some decisions regardless of what their recruiting class looks like

15. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,550
    It felt like recruiting was on the upswing but now 2022 is thus far disappointing.

There could be a million reasons why but the fact that covid derailed a promising team that had sweet 16 or greater potential and that was followed by a terrible, injury and covid-plagued year might well have contributed to this setback. Puts a lot of pressure to do well on the court this year.

BUcheer likes this.
  16. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $764
    Yeah the recruiting shine on Lavall is wearing off it seems. On-the-court success = recruiting success, so hopefully the Dawgs sport a good team this year. Recruiting at BU will always have a ceiling, but it’s disappointing to see some of these schools Butler is losing battles to

17. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,603
    Yeah, I'm kinda bummed out over this recruiting miss, we can't seem to get big guys to take us seriously enough.

Basically the transfer market will be Butler's friend for the foreseeable future at this rate. Like I've said before - LaVall HAS to show potential recruits that his vision will work before they buy in, otherwise the only thing that Butler has to offer are things you can pretty much find at schools that are bigger and fancier.

18. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,234
    Well shucks.

I actually woke up this morning with a good vibe that he was coming here. Must still be the fire smock we have here in the sky altering my thought process.

This is a bummer but I do think shrews is going to do some great things at penn state.

Honestly don’t want to have to be building trams around the transfer market but maybe it will work some

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,882
    Eh, not unexpected. Outside of a few exceptions, Butler has never been good at getting decently rated bigs. Still only going to get by on developing guys and finding under the radar guys who happen to be better than what anyone expects.

20. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,386
    Another miss? Of course, it was expected. Another bummer. Hate to say it, but the staff is doing a poor job recruiting. They are in the Big East ... they should be doing better. Let's hope they can find a quality transfer or two.

willisbrown likes this.