Kebba Njie - 2022 Forward (Penn State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Lukas Harkins, Jun 11, 2021.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,229
    On the recruiting "wins" LaVall has had...think about-Tucker walked away with literally zero basketball future, simply wanted out. Battle walked away (I know many disliked his game, but he could have been very good with us), Coles walked and of course the Scooby thing. That's four top 150 guys, two of them top 100, that we "hit" on, but ultimately missed on.

I know many of y'all are very high on this '21 class, but count me as wait and see. I am happy they were able to add late but I'm not penciling in Thomas and Taylor as stars just yet. And '22 is a disaster. Granted, Butler wasn't nearly as aggressive (for whatever reason) on '22s as other years. Anyway...yeah his calling card was recruiting and it's been very underwhelming thus far. And when he hits...he's still missing in most cases (Harris being the obvious hit). I understand the frustration from the fanbase who follow this stuff closely. We need to do better. Let's see what happens this season and in the transfer market and if both flop, I do think we need to seriously start looking at a change up top.

2. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,426
    How many strikes before you're called out?:(

3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,202
    I think we were aggressive on '22s but didn't the results. Simas, even though he is, technically, a 21, could soften the narrative on 22 if he shows significant promise, but when you go back to 2017 and look to now, this season is very much a show me year.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,229
    We were very much selectively aggressive. Went hard after a few but mostly it was just flirting with the others. Not much in the way of a hard press. There's obviously a reason for that and a plan they hope can be executed.

And yes, this is very much one of the bigger seasons we've had...it has to go right.

5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,533
    I could argue that after Scooby was outed as a (allegedly) terrible human, LJ may have saved the program by only losing one guy.

Blaming LJ for not knowing Scooby's real personality is like blaming you for being on the Scooby hype train for the last two years.

2xDawg likes this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,229
    I'm not blaming LJ for anything with Scooby. That's not on him at all. Just making the point about most of the higher rated recruits and their results here. What Scooby is in the crosshairs for are his actions and accountability...nothing to do with LJ. Not sure how you got that out of my post? It's kinda insulting really. FACT-4 top 150 recruits on LaVall's watch are no longer here for one reason or another. Somehow that equates to me blaming LJ for Scooby sexually assaulting someone...

I don't get y'all's math most days. Jesus ****ing christ.

7. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,638
    I believe we understand the point you're trying to make here, Willis.

I think everyone here is aware that this is a telling season for LaVall's future with the program. I do like him, but most of my arguments for keeping him around have been about him being able to recruit at a higher level in the future. Obviously, with the recent shortcomings with our recruiting targets, it's VERY easy to get down on him right now, even though we know deep down that it takes time to turn the tide. It's just frustrating seeing this play out right now.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    dawgs2014 and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,922
    I don't think you can blame Coach Jordan for either Scooby or Tucker. Tucker didn't even want to play basketball anymore, that's just a personal decision to move on with his life. Literally every Senior that could come back for an extra year did this year, so he's doing something a number of the guys like.

Also, while we may miss Coles, and we'll see on Battle's remaining career, Butler is probably one of, if not the hardest place to recruit to in the Big East. I would say DePaul, but even they have much nicer facilities than we do. Butler is Big East in name only, IMO.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,031
    This is my biggest gripe. Is it possible the move is going to turn out to be a net positive for the university as a whole but a net negative for the basketball program, the sole reason we’re in the conference at all?

10. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,533
    I’ll take that trade off.

seadawg and 2xDawg like this.
  11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,953
    Since joining the BE, Butler has only won 1 team title, but has been more than competitive in several sports. Clearly the BE was a major move in the rise for the univesrsity, both in terms of academic exposure and athletics. Going backwards is admitting failure.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    BoyGeoff, NCJon and Tentozen like this.
  12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,202
    Are we getting a full share of Big East revenue, yet?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    You’re saying only 1 team title in any sport? Regular or post season? We’ve won several team titles. I agree the move is/was a major move for the overall benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, BoyGeoff, NCJon and 1 other person like this.