Kelan making waves in NBA Summer League

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by joliebeth23, Jul 14, 2019.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    I didn't see too much consistency... Plus with his attitude, worth ethic, and defense.... A lot of talent but a lot of concerns...

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Really?

Tentozen, joliebeth23 and chc3 like this.
  3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    Attitude and work ethic? Not sure if serious. KM is a straight-up grinder in the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerHomer, Shimmy, Tentozen and 4 others like this.
  4. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $380
    I mean... I'm not sure how big of a gym rat he is... He wasn't out in broard ripple like Boozevelt Jones every thursday, friday, and saturday... but he has been sent home from practice a few times at Butler and his Holtmann benching drama... there's some caution flags there for sure. I am rooting for him!

5. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $976
    We talking about the same Martin? What attitude? Did u listen to his post GM interview when he got player of the GM? There was no ME. It was all team. How do u know about work ethic? You're not there. Minnesota brass praised him during the GM.

I think your misguided... hopefully.

I just read your post. I got ya

6. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $380
    Hope so too. I don't know much about him after his college years. Maybe he has been at the gym 24/7 now that he has no school work. He has had some impressive plays in summer league but he also has had some lows.

7. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    I think you didn't watch any of the Summer League games before making this misguided statement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tentozen, Insane Dawg and godogs91 like this.
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    I feel like you're confusing aged 20-23 years Kelan with aged 18-19 years Kelan.

9. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $280
    Kelan came off the bench. He averaged 20 mins a game? Scored 12 points and 4 rebounds in that span I believe. Shot 40% from behind the arch. Went from being an after thought at beginning of summer league to being the guy they were drawing up the championship winning play for. I wish I had those lows when I played...

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    The Wolves promoted Naz Reid from a 2-way contract to a standard contract. So now the Wolves have two 2-way contract spots available.

joliebeth23 and cornette33 like this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    They are fools if they don’t sign Martin

12. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $380
    I am not saying he wasn't a great scorer.... But what else does he have that would put him on an NBA roster? I don't think he is quick enough nor has the defense. I would say he has gotten slimmer tho... If he gets a contract, it would just be the D/G league. Stay in Europe for 5-8 years and get your money and run.

13. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    I hope he gets an NBA spot if that is what he wants, but I still believe his best career is as a 20 point per game scorer overseas someplace. I don’t see him doing much in the NBA, but it’s not like making a team and being a spot guy off the bench is a bad life or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    Being the thirteenth guy on an NBA roster is worth a whole lot more money (assuming you stay there).

For example, Archidiacano and Alize Johnson, the Bulls' and Pacers' thirteenth guys, will each make about a million this season. That's like 3-4 great years in Europe, IIRC.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  15. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
    I don't think anyone here is going to argue with whatever path Kelan takes. He is very gifted, and also very motivated - how he chooses to play is up to him, he will do well however his instincts push him. BU will benefit from his success either way.

#60 and DawgPoundMac like this.
  16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Kelan's going to be on Dakich's show today on 1070. (Dakich isn't hosting today for those that don't listen because they don't like Dakich).

SpartanDawgs and joliebeth23 like this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Martin continues in limbo, while working out for other teams.

18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    Nice interview with Kelan. Has to be tough staying positive , going from one work out to another and showing well yet no offers.

seadawg likes this.
  19. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347
    Finally, Martin signs 2 way deal with the Timberwolves! Congrats Kelan!

20. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $297
    Well earned. So happy for him.

joliebeth23 likes this.