Kelan Martin - 2014 Forward (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by bd5, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $840
    Kelan going off tonight. 23 and 7 last I checked with Pacers up 8 with 4 minutes left.

Kelan finishes with 25 and 7 and leads Pacers in scoring and Pacers post a win!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    znelson15, ButlerNut, 2xDawg and 17 others like this.
  2. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,218
  3. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,574
    He def deserves to be getting more minutes on a team

So happy for him

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,791
    Kelan played 26 minutes last night, the Pacers were only able to suit up 10 players - but he scored 12 pts and was the team leader for rebounds with 9. He will probably see a lot of time Saturday against the Lakers at Bankers Fieldhouse. I have no idea what kind of incentives may have been in his contract, but he has put up some respectable numbers in the 33 games he has been in.

#60 and cornette33 like this.
  5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,204
    He played well again today, chipping in with 15 points.

6. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,079
    This last stretch of 10 games or so I think will solidify Kelan in the league for a good period of time. Really proud of the guy and excited to see another Bulldog doing well in the NBA. Hard work pays off.

It was very cool to watch him guard Lebron in the post yesterday.

znelson15, #60 and godogs91 like this.
  7. MSUDawg

Money:
    $2,791
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - I'm sure he was only thinking about defense - but one day, when all this is over with, he'll have some great stories for his grandkids. :cool:

znelson15 and #60 like this.
  8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,377
    KM had 13 pts in 18 min in the season finale, a win over the Raptors. Doubtful he’ll see much time in the play-in game though as NBA teams usually tighten the rotation come playoff time.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Ster8462

Money:
    $840
    Depends who is healthy enough to play. The last few games he has been #7 in minutes played. They may tighten the bench some but if no one returns from injured group likely he will see some time.

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,662
    Agree, Kelan's been instant offense late in the game. I hope he gets to stay on the floor as the first unit runs out of gas.

11. MSUDawg

Money:
    $2,791
    I suspect he will play - probably only 10-12 minutes but I do think they value him as a "points" producers when they need some points. I agree with Snoop Dawg that Kelan has written himself a ticket for another few years in the NBA - whether its with the Pacers, it's not clear - but he is valuable to some team out there - he has really grown.

12. Ster8462

Money:
    $840
    I think Caris Lavert was ruled out for tonight so Kelan will likely be getting up to 25 minutes of run tonight if his shooting is on tonight.

13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,377
    Now Sabonis and Brogdon listed as questionable. Brogdon is an all 1st team ouchy leader. Always something bothering him that sits him for a few games. Today’s players are, eh, never mind. Let’s just say if I was getting paid $20 mil a year to perform, only a doctors orders would keep me from playing. And maybe that’s what is going on, but he had the injury reputation prior to signing..... surprise!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. MSUDawg

Money:
    $2,791
    Kelan got 20 minutes and dropped in 14 points and grabbed 2 rebound in their easy win over Charlotte

ButlerProf, znelson15, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  15. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,134

Kelan bringing the Thunderdunks!

BulldogsFTW, #60, BoyGeoff and 4 others like this.
  16. znelson15

Money:
    $3,574
    McDermott just signed with the Spurs, could kelan get some real minutes now with the pacers?

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  17. Ster8462

Money:
    $840
    Pacers also just signed a forward Torrey Craig for 2 year 10 million so not sure that opens a spot for Kelan yet.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,804
  19. znelson15

Money:
    $3,574
    Craig is fine and I may be biased but I think kelan brings more to the table than him.

Either way it’s all situational and craig was with the suns playing In the playoffs

MSUDawg likes this.
  20. MSUDawg

Money:
    $2,791
    In NBA terms 1.7 million is a small salary, but very few of us make that much in one year, so in the overall scheme of things I think its fair to say Kelan has done well for himself.