Kelan Martin and the NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, May 9, 2018.

1. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,326
    I'm back to watch Kelan with the Jazz again tonight. Hopefully he plays!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NCJon likes this.
  2. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,326
    I'm sitting behind the Jazz bench and yes, wearing BU gear. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

NCJon likes this.
  3. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,326
    Kelan just entered the game.

4. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,326
    Wish I could have brought an actual camera in. My phone camera sucks.[​IMG][​IMG]

5. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,326
    For as tall as Haas is, the boy can't hang onto a rebound or finish at the rim tonight to save his life.

MSUDawg likes this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,493
    Not sure why he can't finish at the rim. He can touch it without jumping.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  7. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,326
    Jazz win and move on in Summer League play.

cornette33 likes this.
  8. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,158
  9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,158
    Here are the highlights from Kelan's last game. Although not shown in the video, I wanted to also say that he was really active defensively tonight and has been throughout Summer League. Despite not really connecting on his shot consistently yet, he is showing a lot of defensive versatility. He was matched up with two-guards for stretches in this one and also picked up Jaren Jackson for a long period of time, holding his own and boxing out well on missed shots. He is also doing a nice job pushing the pace of the game after rebounds and either pulling up for jumpers (as we've seen countless times) or finding the right man in transition for a shot/to keep the offense flowing on the break. I feel like he has a training camp invite coming and maybe a two-way contract as well if he shows out well.

MSUDawg and joliebeth23 like this.
  10. joliebeth23

Money:
    $3,326
    Thanks for sharing! I was planning on going to the game tonight but went to look at a car and ended up getting one, so I got stuck at the dealership way longer than I had planned.

Dawg4ever and Lukas Harkins like this.
  11. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    Moderately surprised he hasn't signed a 2 way deal yet. Wonder if he'll stick it out in G League or cash in overseas

joliebeth23 likes this.
  12. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $452
    Has Trevon Bluiett signed any deal with anybody?

13. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $517
    Yes. 2 way contract with the Pelicans.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,493
    Bluiett played very well in the summer league games and deserved a contract. Kelan' s numbers were not that great. Still think he is better than a number of players that were drafted.

BHayden and cornette33 like this.
  15. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    he had one of the best summer leagues of anyone. Actually made me think there may be a spot for Tre in the league. Just watching him for 4 years he was always #1 on scouting report and chased off the 3 pt line/double teamed. Can't necessarily do that in the league since Tre will never be the top threat on the floor- the spacing really helped him and he can get himself open at that level. Looking forward to seeing how things play out for him, he's earned it.

BHayden likes this.
  16. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    This is what makes me believe that Kelan is vastly underrated and will succeed in the NBA if given the chance. He didn't have nearly all the other offensive weapons that Tre had on the floor with him either (Sumner, Macura, Steinbrook, Reynolds, Farr, Myles Davis, Bernard, Gates). He still managed to put up great numbers and lead Butler to multiple tournament appearances.

17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,702
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,493
    Too bad he didn't get a contract from the NBA but he will do alright financially playing in Europe.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,772
    Happy for Kelan. He can be a star in the Euro leagues and make a great living for the next 10 years.

fdr and BoyGeoff like this.
  20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    How often does a player go over to Europe, but ends up back in the NBA?

Unfortunately, I can't think of many. I really think Kelan would have been an asset in the NBA, the scouts have it wrong.